Black Cat Friendship Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Black Cat Friendship Forum

Black Cat - A Worldwide Friendship Forum for the whole family. Join, chat, post and make new friends at your Liberty!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Practice

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Frédérique
Wild Cat
Wild Cat

Practice - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Practice   Practice - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 8:40 am

Well I'll say! What you said turned out to be incredibly accurate. Both of the interpretations! Check this out:

Today I went to work very stressed out since I thought something bad might come out of this. I was ahead of my normal schedule even though the whole morning was a total farce, our house blew a fuse, couldn't get any proper breakfast and so on. But the bus and metro went so smoothly that I was earlier there than when my shift started.

What I did then was that I sat down with a team friend of mine and explained the incident of yesterday. She understood me completely and she's been there for a long time. So I got her blessing on the matter.

Then later during the day, my other co-worker came up to me. She's been somewhat of a problem to the entire team, as she is prone to depression and tends to be incapable to handle the stress which immediately effects on the whole team, (I consider her to be the Mountain). Nevertheless she's always critisizing what others do. So I was afraid that she'd give me hell about everything as usual, but I faced her like the lion ( Very Happy )and the impossible happened. She opened up to me about her problems and I could console her. I could literally feel the whole atmosphere change, like this energy just bursted and everything was cleaner.

Pretty nice quick look LadySibella! Pretty amazing these tiny little cards. Cool

Excuse me while I pick up my jaw bones from the floor. Wow...just wow. Suspect
Back to top Go down
Lakshmi
Admin
Admin
Lakshmi

Practice - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Practice   Practice - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 10:04 am

aaaah!!! i have been so bad at keeping up again!!! will do that other set soon sibella!!!
and reading everthing lol.
sorry about that Question
Back to top Go down
Frédérique
Wild Cat
Wild Cat
Frédérique

Practice - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Practice   Practice - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 1:56 am

I think it's just fine, Lakshmi Smile

Here's a cool table I made, I had a problem with my left ear and was sooo worried that it's something serious. So I got:

The Owl - (I didn't pick this one, it came by itself!) as the base. I had trouble hearing.

and

The Dog + The Cloud

So no mice or anything scary. My instant idea was that, ok, as soon as "the sky is clear" meaning the trouble will go away by itself, I'll have my good hearing (=the dog) back. After going to the doctor and talking to my dad, I came up with even a deeper meaning. The dog means family and the condition that I have is actually inherited from my dad! It's nothing too serious, luckily though.

Just wanted to share this quickly! have a nice day you all

Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
LadySibella
Admin
Admin
LadySibella

Practice - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Practice   Practice - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 1:22 am

Thanks Frederique for your feedback about the issue at your workplace; i was glad to read that all went well in the end! and for sharing the "health" reading you did Hug Your interpretation was very good! The Clouds Card does give you the idea of a "temporary" problem, like you said "until the sky clears up". As the reading you did was 2 cards and a base, the only side of the clouds touching a card (in your reading "the Dog") was the light cloud! Which is good because it means that not only it is just a temporary trouble but on the top of that it is not a serious one. It is awesome to see how just the right cards came out! The owl was so good to represent "hearing" and the dog to represent both "hearing" and yes, like you said "family".

Isn't it amazing how such a small spread can deliver so accurate insights! Sad

I have also some readings of my own that I'll have to post but the clock is ticking so that will be probably sometimes next week!

Besides that, sorry gals, for having been absent for several days, I was working around the clock to set my shop online...at least part of the crafts I make are uploaded as well as all the policies. It was a lot of work between the making and the setting up and I'm quite exhausted with the stress of trying to make it before Christmas :fi55: Still have to set up the shipping for countries outside the USA, i'll try to do that today.

Anyhow, I should go back to a slower pace even if I'll be adding more items as i go, it won't be like doing it all Smile So far I've only listed my Tarot and Oracle size bags. I sew them with Satin and hand painted my vision of either a Tarot card or an Oracle Lenormand card. If you want to take a look at my shop you can do so using this direct link:

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

@ Lakshmi, don't worry about not being able to work on the reading, I understand but too well how life can be busy!

Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Frédérique
Wild Cat
Wild Cat
Frédérique

Practice - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Practice   Practice - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 7:05 pm

I wish everybody had a lovely Christmas! :ch15:

Do you guys believe in spirit guides? I do. They are spirits that help you with big and small problems in life and guide you to a better direction. Intuition is something that a lot of people believe in, but where does that come from? I think it's the guides.

So sometimes it's difficult to hear your guide, or, your inner voice. I've had that for some time now, probably due to stress. So I thought the Lenormand cards could help, give me a message from my spirit guide / inner self.

I got the Letter + the Fish + the Clover, nice and happy cards. And that's why it's difficult to interpret them Smile What kind of message is that? is my guide just saying "Happy New Year" Crying or Very sad

I'm sure everyone's still busy, maybe on vacation, but I'll just leave this here and try to think about it by myself too.

Oh and LadySibella, those little bags are _beautiful_ ! and handmade, did you make them yourself? awesome job Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
LadySibella
Admin
Admin
LadySibella

Practice - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Practice   Practice - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2012 3:17 am

:thanks: Frederique! Yep, I made them from A to Z! I'm used to paint watercolor or oil so it was quite different to paint on fabric, especially so small subjects! The fabric doesn't give a surface as smooth as paper or canvas. I painted them first and then sew them just in case the paint would go through the fabric! Smile

Like you I believe in Spirit guides and I believe they are giving me wisdom through the Oracle. Thanks for posting your reading! Hug

Yes, it was a lovely reading! It seems that they are saying that you are going to find out about an favorable, prosperous opportunity. Something that is going to make things flow better, in the right direction. But with the Clover it is something you will have to seize when it presents itself! The Clover effects are quick and like "one time shot". Keep your eyes open, an open mind too, be ready to grab what passes by you....seem to be the advise!
Definitely a good reading, and a good news!

Besides that I did have a great Christmas, good food and we had fun playing games! Got a new Tarot a gorgeous one at that and a book "The lost enchantress" by Patricia Coughlin. I started on it and it's real good! Hope you had a great Christmas too! Very Happy
Don't have much time but I'm still planning on posting few readings as examples... Sad And any time you feel ready for it, I'll post another layout for deeper readings!
Back to top Go down
Lakshmi
Admin
Admin
Lakshmi

Practice - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Practice   Practice - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2012 9:14 am

Rolling Eyes hi everyone!!! Hug
hope you all had a great christmas!!!

yes, i believe in spirit guides too! that's actually a great thought Frederique, i should do one too! Razz

gotta agree, that was a great reading!! i think sibella said it all Crying or Very sad

Sibella, those bags are beautiful!!!! great job! i hope you're business goes great! Razz

oh, and finally i'm getting things together, so i'll be posting my thoughts on the cards very soon now probably tomorrow by the look of things.....finally lol. thanks for being patient everyone!!! Hug
Back to top Go down
LadySibella
Admin
Admin
LadySibella

Practice - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Practice   Practice - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 5:25 am

You're welcome Lakshmi and thanks for your compliments about my bags!
Don't worry about not being able to post the holidays get everyone ultra busy...Didn't get a chance to post a new practice from one of my reading but it's on my list for today! Smile
Back to top Go down
Lakshmi
Admin
Admin
Lakshmi

Practice - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Practice   Practice - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 12:21 pm

your welcome! Razz
sounds good! Hug it'll be nice to do more again.

so here is my view on the last study practice!
-----------------
Anyhow here is your new practice:

Question: I was going to look for barns to tear down with my hubby and before we left I asked: "Are we going to find at least one barn today?"

Key + Clover

Base: Child
---------------

Ok, so the answer to me would be that with luck on your side, you will be successful. There can be opportunities as well. With the base being the child, I would say it speaks about new fresh ventures.

i guess that about sums it lol Very Happy

Happy new year everybody champ
Back to top Go down
LadySibella
Admin
Admin
LadySibella

Practice - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Practice   Practice - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 1:57 am

Thanks Lakshmi!

Yep, the feedback on that practice was that we did find several barns and got the deals! jocolor

The Child for me represented to "have faith" in finding barns on that day; as well as new deals for us to make!

Key + Clover told me that good luck would open the way for us to find barns and get the deals.
Back to top Go down
LadySibella
Admin
Admin
LadySibella

Practice - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Practice   Practice - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 2:17 am

Here is a new practice:

It is done as a story reading with a question:

"How things are going to be with the sale of the lumber we have"

The Base: The Anchor

Whip + Coffin + Ship + Fish

Have fun! Sad
Back to top Go down
Lakshmi
Admin
Admin
Lakshmi

Practice - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Practice   Practice - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 1:30 pm

ok, sounds good. will get to it soon! Razz
Back to top Go down
LadySibella
Admin
Admin
LadySibella

Practice - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Practice   Practice - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 9:34 am

That works Lakshmi! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Frédérique
Wild Cat
Wild Cat
Frédérique

Practice - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Practice   Practice - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 12:02 pm

Hi guys and sorry for not posting a loong time...first I was traveling and now I've got a serious flu, just sleeping and taking antibiotics. What a way to start a New Year! zz4

I'll try to interpret that reading you posted about lumber, it looks a bit difficult:

How things are going to be with the sale of the lumber we have"

Well first the anchor, I think it represents that you're devoted to put much effort to get good sales, that it's a matter of importance to you and not just something you'd handle with the other eye closed.

Then the Whip tells me that it's not been that easy to make sales before, but now that period has ended - Coffin - and people will come from further distances - Ship - to make deals with you, which brings you money - Fish.

Haha, that's what I get out of it, tell me how off it went Very Happy

and happy 2013 to you all! e118
Back to top Go down
LadySibella
Admin
Admin
LadySibella

Practice - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Practice   Practice - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 1:02 pm

Happy New year to you too Frederique! Rolling Eyes And i hope you will be out of the bush soon! It's no fun to deal with the flu, I had a sore throat and it was quite annoying as I could not sleep well. Then, during the day I was a wreck! Crying or Very sad

For this reading, what you do is look at the first card that I call "base" as being the "theme/ or subject" card. Here, "the Anchor"

Which means the oracle comfirmed that it was going to be about "work, and stability"

Then the answer:

"Whip + Coffin + Ship + Fish"

Like you viewed it the Whip speaks about troublesome situations, but not about the sales of lumber, rather like the base card (theme/subject) mentioned it, it is about work stability...painful discussions about work...and yes, like you interpreted it, the Coffin indicates the end of these difficult times (we did have a very bad end of the year, and difficulties with all the bills that comes before teh end of dec, with not much income to cover them...which brought many stressful conversations with my hubby as we tried to find solutions to our financial problems), I've got some hope with what the Oracle revealed because the Ship - here it is not people coming to us, but actually us going to deliver the lumber we have to a sawmill- shows our trip to sell our lumber and the Fish shows that it should be prosper!
So you are right, a deal that brings us money, only it is us traveling and not the people coming to us.
But it can also mean that we are "progressing, moving" (ship) toward prosperity (fish), so the end of that bad financial phase.

You did good especially as it was not an easy reading!

Monday 7th is when we are going to that sawmill (the ship is so appropriate because it is about 4 hrs away from home) to sell our lumber, until they measure everything we don't know for sure if we are going to get a good income out of it...so I keep my fingers crossed for a "Fish" end result! Crying or Very sad

I will post my feedback on Tuesday!

I have to get going right now, but I thought of opening another thread to post a "Lenormand game" that I found on a website. It is very good practice while being fun to do! It's perfect to get to know the cards well and see how they apply to daily life. I think we would all benefit from it! Sad

Lakshmi, said that she is sorry to not have been able to stop by as she used to but things have been quite frantic for her since the holidays. She thinks that soon everything is going to be back to routine!

Take care Frederique! Hug
Back to top Go down
Frédérique
Wild Cat
Wild Cat
Frédérique

Practice - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Practice   Practice - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 9:25 am

Ok thanks alot for explaining Smile these are a bit tricky but I learned the tarots I'll learn these as well! Somehow I find these cards less "threatening". And I just love the pictures!

I need to share this one little moment I had with these cards and my spirit guide...you see, I'm not that certain of the whole spirit guide thing, at least, I wasn't at first Very Happy So I took out the pack and I said to him (in my head) that if you really are here, give me a positive card out of the pack, like The Heart. I concentrated really hard, shuffled and stopped when I felt him "saying" I should, then picked the first one but didn't turn it over, asked him "is this it?" He said no, take the next one. I took it, turned it over and -

It was the Heart! Evil or Very Mad

I was so stunned. I mean it's less that 3% chance if you do the math...

Good luck with the sales! Razz
Back to top Go down
Lakshmi
Admin
Admin
Lakshmi

Practice - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Practice   Practice - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 5:34 am

Ok here’s my interpretation of the study. Afterwards, I’ll read what you all wrote!
“How things are going to be with the sale of the lumber we have"

Ok. The base speaks about stability, where you currently are in life. Could mean money flowing to you.
The whip and coffin means that the problems you have, the difficulties you’ve had to deal with will end, there will be a change, new beginning.
Ship and fish, means moving forward, good opportunities, money/profit, independence.

So, the answer to me would be that it will go very well, and will allow you to move foreward to better horizons.

Hope this sounds about right lol.
Now I’m off to read!
Back to top Go down
Lakshmi
Admin
Admin
Lakshmi

Practice - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Practice   Practice - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 5:43 am

ok i'm back lol. happy new year to you all!!! here's to a good prosperous year, with good health!!! Laughing

frederique i hope you feel better soon Embarassed that's really no fun. i've had a bad cold too. took forever to go away.
i reallly liked what you all said over this last practive, and Sibella, i can't wait to hear the results!!!

@ frederique, you studied the tarot? what deck(s) do you have? i have two tarot decks, the rider waite, and the crystal visions. i had started to learn them put couldn't keep up and had to stop. i'm planning on begining again soon. plus i'm changing the way i was learning them lol.

for your latest try out with your spirit guide.....WOW, that was amazing. yea talk about chances!! what are the odds? that shows so much doesn't it?
i think you are really in tune with all this in my opninion. that was really neat! i really got to try out the other one you did. hopefully i'll be having more time still, and i can finally sit with my cards Crying or Very sad

@Sibella, can't wait to see what you have in mind!
Back to top Go down
Frédérique
Wild Cat
Wild Cat
Frédérique

Practice - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Practice   Practice - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 8:13 am

@Lakshmi, haha yeah I was pretty blown away too. But now I've come to notice that there are times when it's so difficult to get a clear connection and that's really frustrating...you get sort of hooked on those WOW things you just want to have more Very Happy

I've got the Rider Waite and I've had it over 10 years, it's basically travelled with me around the world...poor thing is falling apart! I also have the Arthurian Tarot, it's so beautiful. The pictures are about the Holy Grail and Knights of the Round Table. I find it actually quite difficult to read, but there was one funny "coincidence" I noticed after I bought them- the Grail Maiden looks very much like me Smile

@Sibella, I'm thinking of buying a small bag of yours for my poor old tarot cards...do you ship to Northern Europe?

oh and Lakshmi, great job with the reading! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Lakshmi
Admin
Admin
Lakshmi

Practice - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Practice   Practice - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 9:28 am

thanks frederique! Very Happy

yes, getting stuck on those wow moments, lol, happens to me too somtimes. you just want to keep on going and founding out more.
but i've learned not to do too much, and to be sure i'm not a wreck physically. as well as not having splitting headaches, too busy mind etc...

sometimes or another you just don't have it, and you just got to be patient Crying or Very sad

10 years! i started out first with an oracle back in 2009. then later on in 2010 or '11 can't recall, i got the rider waite.
as you can see, i'm pretty fresh with all this overall Crying or Very sad but i love it.
after that, i got my mystical lenormand not long ago, and another tarot lol.
eh i worry what will happen to my decks when they get worn out! i hope i'll be able to get backups soon, just in case they get out of print or something. i know though that the rider waite will always be there, so i'm not worried for that at least Sad

i've never heard about the Arthurian Tarot! i tried to see it online, but they are 2 kinds apparently. do you have the legend: arthurin tarot or "the arthurin" that must have been wicked fun to find out that the grail maiden looks like you Razz

yup, some decks are complicated. never landed on one yet, but i've seem plenty that just make your head spin lol.

you know, there is a thread for tarot here, and there is plans to set up a study/practice maybe...would you be interested?

that's cool you might want to buy a bag from sibella! they are sooo very nice. i'd like to get one or two myself soon Smile personally from what i've seen on the site, i'd bet she could ship to you for sure! she did mention on there that if the country was not mentioned to contact her directly. who knows lol Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
LadySibella
Admin
Admin
LadySibella

Practice - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Practice   Practice - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 5:04 am

Waving Goodbye Gals!

Finally some time to post, sorry I could not give my feedback yesterday like I said...
So here it is:

It went very well and we did get a very good deal out of the sale! That was a great step toward better finances and that is going to help a lot! If we can do that more often we'll be straightening up our finances! So I really keep my hopes up that I will be able to post another update with confirmation that indeed we are finally sailing on prosperous waters.... hoo8

@ Frederique:
Your experience with your Spirit Guide was just awesome! i agree what's the odds! Yep, it is really an awe moment each time we are able to have a great communication with our Spirit Guides and I will say it never grows old, after years now, it is still the same for me, I'm still in awe each time and you can feel the love they have for us! The more you talk with them or him/her and the more communication you will have because the more tuned up to their/his/her voice you will be!! And you will get ever so closer, like it happens with friends....the more you talk with each other the closer you become! Love

This is neat that you are also a Tarot reader!!! I love both my Tarot and Oracles, i could not drop one for the other...I am studying the new Tarot I got for Christmas, same as the one Lakshmi has "The Crystal Visions" it is awesome and I just totally connect with it! It really speaks "crystal clear" to me! Crying or Very sad you might like it too...I'll put some pics as soon as I can!
Yep some Tarot can be very abstract, very difficult to connect with but I think that it is more a matter of finding "The" Tarot that connects with you...I mean by that, in itself a Tarot is not more or less difficult to deal with, because I know many people using Tarots that I would have classified as having a "complicated style", while for them it is "crystal clear".
I believe we are all different and we respond differently to each Tarot art. The Thoth, the Tarot of the Saints for example are not for me, I just don't connect with them. I could interpret by just knowing which card it is from my other Tarots but I believe I would not get as much from a reading with them because I would not be able to let teh communication flow by gazing at the art.
The art will trigger your intuition, so I believe the art is also important. I do have Tarots that I bought and with which I have never really connected, but I love the art, find it beautiful to look at, while having difficulties to read them so I keep them as collection.
Meaning the art is essential to trigger your intuition and get deeper readings but it has to be an "art" that is meant for you...what I'm trying to say is that you might love a certain art like you love"the Arthurian Tarot"; but even though you find the art beautiful you have difficulty to read it and that is because the art can appeal to us but at the same time not be meant for us, in other terms...you can find a man very handsome but you don't connect with him; so you would not have a successful mariage with him.
Same for Tarot, we can find the art beautiful but not connect with it and thus would not read with it successfully.

Oh my! I'm getting carried away talking about Tarot...Divination cards have a way to make me talk too much! Crying or Very sad

Now, like Lakshmi said I had started a section on Tarot but it was basically her and me so we have kind of neglected it some, especially when we focussed a lot on the Lenormand's study. But if you would be interested we can also do some on the Tarot! That'd be great! fe3

For the bags:
That makes me happy that both you & Lakshmi like my bag so much!
And yes, I can ship to your place. We would just have to do it through emails. Which would actually enable me to "tailor" the order for you and that way I might be able to get you a cheaper shipping rate!
I would just have to know which country it is and what you want to order; go to my post office and check what would be the best rate to ship your order.
Etsy.com does not give us much flexibility for shipping and it is a bother because I have to charge a flat fee as I have to say in advance how much it will cost without knowing what people will order. In other word, if I had my own website, I would have more flexibility to tailor the shipping according to the order. If someone would buy several items, I could pin point the exact packaging needed, and weight and sometimes you get a cheaper shipping that way.
So the day you would like to place an order, instead of going to Etsy, PM me on Black Cat to let me know what you would like to order and which country the order will go. With that I will go to my post office, get all the different options for shipping, Pm you back to let you know and wait until you tell me which way you want it shipped. At that point I would need your email address to send you a Paypal invoice that will enable you to pay me. You won't need to have a paypal account for that. You can pay Paypal with any Credit card and they even do the change of currency for you. After that I would contact you the day i send your order so you can know when to expect it to arrive.

@ Lakshmi
For you, if you would like one day to place an order, we would do it also through emails instead of placing your order through Etsy and I would be able to check with my post office to get you all the options about shipping rates. As you live in the USA like me, even if you would go with a slower service (which is cheaper) it won't be that long....that is if....you can't wait! Crying or Very sad

Well, it is getting late and I have to keep going...I will do my best to come back and post another practice unless one of you beats me to it!!! Sad

Back to top Go down
Frédérique
Wild Cat
Wild Cat
Frédérique

Practice - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Practice   Practice - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 10:16 am

Hi girls! Embarassed Feeling much better, thanks to antibiotics. I'd be dead meat without modern medicine...

I'd love to get some tarot action as well! Even though I've used them for many years there are still many things that puzzle me.

@Lakshmi: this is the one I have [Only admins are allowed to see this link]

I bought it years ago in Ipswich, England from a very sweet shop called Sacred Earth [Only admins are allowed to see this link] I also bought a night fairy figure, they say she steals your nightmares before you have to see them. I placed it on my bed-side table and she's done a pretty good job Smile

Yes I think you are right Lakshmi, I've noticed that if I try too hard I will only get a sore "third eye" or what ever. I must learn patience...haha just like Yoda said to Luke Skywalker. (I'm such a nerd! zi9 )

@LadySibella: pm'd you girl Very Happy oh I'm so excited! You're a true artist, I will cherish the bag for sure. Lol what you said about cards and men! But that is so very true. Some can be very appealing, so that you think it must be a perfect match but then they just mumble. (men or cards!)
Interesting, I will look more into those "crystal tarots". I am still lacking the perfect pack, Rider waite speaks but to me is not that beautiful, and with Arthurian it's vice versa.

I was at a new age fair last autumn and couldn't resist buying Diana Cooper's Unicorn cards just because of the art. They don't work - at least not yet- , but I love to meditate on the subjects they give. I love to mind-travel into those scenes painted there. I believe a beautiful picture itself can be healing. I love to look at beautiful things, that's why I'm a sucker for fashion as well.

Oh! talking about divination cards I also got the Druid Animal Deck from that same place in Ipswich. That has been amazing. It's both beautiful and helpful!

----

long post! but I had this one question about Lenormand: I found a website in German which uses the cards also as a "yes/no" -oracle. The cards with a red playing card symbolize yes and black ones mean no. Is this a common practice or just something someone made up on the way? They also use Celtic Cross spread on that site, which I find strange since I think it's so closely tied to Tarot, not Lenormand. What do you guys think?

oh and congrats on the sales LadySibella! par7
Back to top Go down
LadySibella
Admin
Admin
LadySibella

Practice - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Practice   Practice - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 2:00 pm

Frédérique wrote:
Hi girls! Embarassed Feeling much better, thanks to antibiotics. I'd be dead meat without modern medicine...

Glad to hear that you feel better now! Razz

Frédérique wrote:
I'd love to get some tarot action as well! Even though I've used them for many years there are still many things that puzzle me.

hoo8

I did search your Tarot deck and found several pictures....WOW!!! it is really gorgeous! I agree with you about the RW and I know Lakshmi feels the same about it too, it is really talking but the art is not that great! I have used it a lot because of the "talking" side of it but was thrilled when I got the Crystal Visions Tarot for Christmas as it does talk while being gorgeous.

Here is a link where you can see each card!:

it is also for sale on amazon:

I love the Druid Animal Deck too, and i have it on my amazon wish list for future purchase!

There is also a Fairy oracle that is gorgeous but I can't remember its name...still I'm sure I have the info somewhere in my PC.
I have the Magical Unicorn Oracle from Doreen Virtue and it is quite beautiful too, some cards more than others but great nonetheless. It is not for indepth reading, not like the Tarot nor the Lenormand, but works well for just a thought for the day or light readings....

I surely could use a Night Fairy!!! sometimes I have really nasty nightmares like yesterday...the type when I try to call out for help and my voice is like turned off!!

Frédérique wrote:
@LadySibella: pm'd you girl Very Happy oh I'm so excited! You're a true artist, I will cherish the bag for sure.

Thanks Frederique that means a lot to me! Hug

Frédérique wrote:
... I had this one question about Lenormand: I found a website in German which uses the cards also as a "yes/no" -oracle. The cards with a red playing card symbolize yes and black ones mean no. Is this a common practice or just something someone made up on the way? They also use Celtic Cross spread on that site, which I find strange since I think it's so closely tied to Tarot, not Lenormand. What do you guys think?

The Lenormand can be used for Yes and No reading that is correct, I've read that also. But this is not really what you can call a "common" practice. Most readers don't really use it that way; but it is a possibility. Personally I have never used it like that so I can't tell you if it is really worth it....But now that you mentioned it, I'll give it a try just to see.
Now for using the Celtic Cross, which is a Tarot spread most Lenormand readers will not agree with that and will actually advise you not to. Because the Lenormand is a totally different deck that is not really suitable for Tarot spreads. I personally would not do the full Celtic Cross, but I did do some modification of it using my Lenormand.
Thing is the Lenormand cards are really meant to be interpreted 2 by 2 and/or in combination with each others...So modifications of Tarot spreads are a must if one really wants to use a Tarot Spread.I found that there are quite some very efficient spreads designed especially for the Lenormand to work with, making the use of Tarot spreads not really needed.

Bottom line, the majority of Lenormand readers will not use a "yes or no" spread and no Tarot spreads at all.

Personally, i believe that it is up to the reader, and testing a spread never hurt anybody, If something proves to be working for someone than why not?

Frédérique wrote:
@oh and congrats on the sales LadySibella! par7

Thanks Frederique! Well, got to take care of my 4 legs babies before going to bed! Crying or Very sad

Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Lakshmi
Admin
Admin
Lakshmi

Practice - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Practice   Practice - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 9:25 am

Razz
Frédérique wrote:

@Lakshmi: this is the one I have [Only admins are allowed to see this link]

I bought it years ago in Ipswich, England from a very sweet shop called Sacred Earth [Only admins are allowed to see this link] I also bought a night fairy figure, they say she steals your nightmares before you have to see them. I placed it on my bed-side table and she's done a pretty good job Smile

Yes I think you are right Lakshmi, I've noticed that if I try too hard I will only get a sore "third eye" or what ever. I must learn patience...haha just like Yoda said to Luke Skywalker. (I'm such a nerd! zi9 )

@LadySibella: pm'd you girl Very Happy oh I'm so excited! You're a true artist, I will cherish the bag for sure. Lol what you said about cards and men! But that is so very true. Some can be very appealing, so that you think it must be a perfect match but then they just mumble. (men or cards!)
Interesting, I will look more into those "crystal tarots". I am still lacking the perfect pack, Rider waite speaks but to me is not that beautiful, and with Arthurian it's vice versa.

I was at a new age fair last autumn and couldn't resist buying Diana Cooper's Unicorn cards just because of the art. They don't work - at least not yet- , but I love to meditate on the subjects they give. I love to mind-travel into those scenes painted there. I believe a beautiful picture itself can be healing. I love to look at beautiful things, that's why I'm a sucker for fashion as well.

Oh! talking about divination cards I also got the Druid Animal Deck from that same place in Ipswich. That has been amazing. It's both beautiful and helpful!

----

long post! but I had this one question about Lenormand: I found a website in German which uses the cards also as a "yes/no" -oracle. The cards with a red playing card symbolize yes and black ones mean no. Is this a common practice or just something someone made up on the way? They also use Celtic Cross spread on that site, which I find strange since I think it's so closely tied to Tarot, not Lenormand. What do you guys think?

oh and congrats on the sales LadySibella! par7

glad you're feeling better!!!! Hug
Sweetness! we'll have to get a proper study for tarot soon then Smile
thanks for the link!!! it is a very nice deck! it looks a bit like the mystical lenormand, in the way that it has a :window/frame for the cards.
i never knew about night fairy! that pretty great that it works! personally i've not had really nightmares. some could have been considered as, but they never really bothered a lot like the real deal.

lol, yep, just like yoda said!! hey, he did have some good stuff to say!

that Druid Animal Deck looks really pretty too :far2:

well, so far, the cystal visions tarot deck is my favorite so far! artwork is very nice, the colors are not harsh, etc...
personally i think sibella hook it well for your question! personally i've never tried doing yes and no, as i'm not sure how dependable it would be.

-----------

@ sibella, thanks!! yea i think i'll stick with a faster shipping!! lol! i'll be emailing you when i'm ready Razz
Back to top Go down
Frédérique
Wild Cat
Wild Cat
Frédérique

Practice - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Practice   Practice - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 11:22 am

Sweet! That Crystal deck is beautiful, very, very nice indeed. I forgot to mention I also have this "Love tarot" deck. It looks like this:

And that's been just like a therapist for me couple of years ago, I can recommend it to anyone with complicated relationship issues. The cards have so many levels and the pictures are "soft" so that it's not frightening to read.

Sibella, gotcha. I think I won't use Lenormand for those purposes. I tried both the yes/no and the cross, it becomes nonsense at least to me. Lenormand is a deck of its own and should be used in a particular way. Or at least at this point when I'm still learning. Crying or Very sad

Ahh I have to sleep now. But this is so exciting...yay! Wink
Back to top Go down
LadySibella
Admin
Admin
LadySibella

Practice - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Practice   Practice - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 7:16 am

@ Frederique: I thought you'd like it! Smile I didn't know about the Tarot you mentioned...I did some pics and it looks good, very soothing images...

Here is a small 2 cards reading practice:

Question: "will M like the gifts that C made for her?"

Dog + Stars

Enjoy your practice! Sad

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Practice - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Practice   Practice - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Practice
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next