Black Cat Friendship Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Black Cat Friendship Forum

Black Cat - A Worldwide Friendship Forum for the whole family. Join, chat, post and make new friends at your Liberty!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Oracle Lenormand

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Frédérique
Wild Cat
Wild Cat

The Oracle Lenormand  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Lenormand    The Oracle Lenormand  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 9:24 am

Hehe, thanks Smile just a quick reply on the cards I'm using: the pictures are exactly the same that you have on The Red Owl Lenormand, but without the French text. Instead of the text I have the picture of the ordinary playing card, like ace of hearts on the card "the Man".

and no worries with the previous studies, I'm quite busy as well .

see you guys :sleep:
Back to top Go down
LadySibella
Admin
Admin
LadySibella

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Lenormand    The Oracle Lenormand  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 9:30 am

I know which Version you are using Frederique! It is called the "Blue Owl" I don't have it but know of it. It's a good version to get used to the Oracle as the art is straight to the point and you also have the playing card insert!

Well, I did get the time today to study on our 2 cards of the week and that was very interesting to write about them!

So here are my interpretations:

22 The Paths:

A time to make a choice, a decision, a time to make up our mind about something. Which path are we going to follow, where will that path lead us? Are we on the right path? That Card is asking us to carefully think things over as we must make a decision.
The Paths card reveals also that we are uncertain about something, we wonder which way we should go, and we wonder if we should change direction…
It asks us to pause, to evaluate all possibilities, to not make a hasty decision, weight pros and cons. Alert us that we are at a “crossroad” in our life, and to watch out just as much as we would on an actual road.
The cards that follow will give us more info and tell us where that path is leading us.

Cartomancy: Queen of Diamond

C. Sylvestre says that the Queen of Diamond associated with The Paths represents a position of reflection and incertitude. And warn us about that the direction that we would choose might be leading us to a multitude of difficulties.

Tarolyn in her Shabby Chicness Lenormand LWB tells us that it can also indicate that it can also represent an actual trip.

23 The Mice:

Loss, waste, decay, things collapsing from the inside out, incapacity to have any savings and theft, people living of our backs….Low income, our expenses are greater than what we make. Several small problems are piling up and if unattended we’ll have to face a giant.
Our hopes and plans are chattered to pieces, what we have built, worked for is collapsing. It can go as far as to have to start all over again from scratch!
Thus, for me the Mice are also heralds of worries, of lack of security as what we had set aside for rainy days has been destroyed, taken away from us. The Mice are a good warning asking us to take a closer look at your life, there is more going on than what meets the eye!

Cartomancy: 7 of Clubs

C. Sylvestre says that the 7 of Clubs that associated with the Mice is warning us our finances are in danger of being eaten up little by little by unscrupulous people.

I have a little bonus with an interesting "card combination" to share but I will wait until you have all studied your cards... Love

Don't forget to share your thoughts on the cards of the week! Sad

ETA: Check out our Practice Thread for a fun little experiment! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Frédérique
Wild Cat
Wild Cat
Frédérique

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Lenormand    The Oracle Lenormand  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 7:55 am

Ha, I'm not reading your post above yet, LadySibella, so that I can post my feelings about the two cards and not have influence of your interpretations! I meant to do this earlier but had a sudden change of schedule.

so my ideas for the two cards:

The Path

I see this as the crossroads. You need to make a decision, maybe when you even didn't expect it. You have to choose a road, even though you would have wanted to continue on the one that you were walking first. Things take a sudden change. Also, it might be that there are several solutions to a problem. Or, that it has many sides - more than you thought of.

The Mice

I hate this card! Whew, now I've said it. But those things are u-g-l-y! They're dirty, their little feet keep tapping in the silence of the night, you can hear them nibbling on your favourite piece of bread, and they'll multiply pretty fast (I've had experiences of these creatures in our summer cottage). I think this card is about restlessness, the feeling that you're never satisfied with something, maybe your conscience is keeping you awake at night...or you have people/situations in your life that actually feed on you. You don't need to provide everything for everybody.

----- *reads the post*

ok the Blue Owl! great! Yes I enjoy the deck really much Smile cool, need to go check that other thread now...
Back to top Go down
LadySibella
Admin
Admin
LadySibella

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Lenormand    The Oracle Lenormand  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 8:45 am

You did great Frederique! Yep, sometimes we need to choose another path and we not necessarily willing to leave our "comfort" zone...Decision, decision...and multiple choices...

You've got a good take on the Mice also what you said is part of the meaning for the Mice. Anytime you'd get the Mice card that is a "red flag"!
Back to top Go down
Lakshmi
Admin
Admin
Lakshmi

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Lenormand    The Oracle Lenormand  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 7:13 am

ok sorry i'm late everyone!!!

here's my thoughts on the cards...

The path:

Decisions, decisions!!! Now is the moment where you must make a choice that will affect what path it will lead you to. It can be very difficult to decide and choose, It can lead to hesitation as you are uncertain on which path you should choose. But don't shirk from it! Just remember to keep calm and weigh the pros and cons to you decision. Which one is better? This a turning point for you, one that can offer opportunity, alternatives, escape route, etc…..

The mice:

This card can represent something gnawing at you, stress, feeling under pressure, a slow process of losing something, hidden problems, expenses, worries, changes, destruction, etc...as well, it can represent a actual illness, or even an outright theft.

great thoughts on cards everyone!!
@ SIbella. aww thanks Sibella! well, it's always fun and intersting to read everybody else's thoughts on the cards too.

@ Frederique, lol, mice are dirty and bothersome to have!! but! i can't help but think they are cute despite all their negative points lol.
Back to top Go down
LadySibella
Admin
Admin
LadySibella

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Lenormand    The Oracle Lenormand  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 10:27 am

Good take Lakshmi! Razz

Lakshmi wrote:
.....The path:....weigh the pros and cons to you decision. Which one is better? This a turning point for you, one that can offer opportunity, alternatives, escape route, etc…..

Yeah, when we get the Path card we have to remember to do just what you said...and the path can foretell about an "escape route" the card that follow will tell us more!

Lakshmi wrote:
.....The mice:.....hidden problems.....a actual illness, or even an outright theft.

I agree we have to watch out for "hidden problem"...mice do hide! Like Frederique I know them well because I had to deal with many in one of the house I lived in! I will say that if the Mice card comes up in a health reading I would ask for indepth exams! Something is going on that has not been spoted yet and it is destroying the querent's body little by little without showing any obvious symptom...

Lakshmi wrote:
.....great thoughts on cards everyone!!
@ SIbella. aww thanks Sibella! well, it's always fun and intersting to read everybody else's thoughts on the cards too.

Thanks Lakshmi! I agree I enjoy sharing our views on the Oracle Smile

Lakshmi wrote:
.....@ Frederique, lol, mice are dirty and bothersome to have!! but! i can't help but think they are cute despite all their negative points lol.

I feel the same way about mice....Could not help it even when I lived in that house and had to do something about them because they destroy so much! But I tried all I could to catch them alive...could not bear it to put the poison...and I caught some in those human traps, and they are really cute and they look at you all afraid...and look sooooo adorable! Then with my daughter we were releasing them in the forest...
Now big black rats...I don't like at all because they are vicious and they will deliberately attack you!

For the little combination I wanted to share because it is about the cards we have studied, check our "Practice Thread" Love

And our 2 cards for the week are:

24- The Heart + 25- The Ring happy

Happy Study!!! :sun103:

Back to top Go down
LadySibella
Admin
Admin
LadySibella

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Lenormand    The Oracle Lenormand  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 1:54 am

Well, this time I'll be the first to post on our cards of the week! Sad

24 The Heart:

A very positive card. Love pure and true, mutual love, soul mates, love bond that makes the 2 really one. Romance is in the air, marriage are doing great. In case of love between single persons it is not the assurance of commitment, or long term relationship as it can also be a “passion” it will depends of the other cards. If the Ring card follows than this love will turned into a long term, committed relationship.
One is loved and cared for. Compassion, charity and kindness are also represented here. Feeling good, well balanced life. Love is the answer.

Cartomancy: Jack of hearts

C. Sylvestre says that the Jack of hearts associated with The Heart reinforces true love, being young at heart, the beginning of a love.

M.D. Ventos says that if the Tower or the Mouse card is either on the left or right of the Heart card it indicates that the querrant is cold hearted and doesn’t allow other people to come close to his/her heart.

25 The Ring:

Positive card…talking about serious commitment of all types, can be a marriage or a business partnership, contract, or deal; settlement of all kinds. Wedding proposition for the singles or represent an actual marriage. Whatever it is, this card says that it is official, serious, and durable. The intentions here are to be fair and square, to be ready to commit and be accountable. But as always with the Lenormand, the other cards will give more insight regarding the state of the proposition, the actual marriage relationship, business venture or partnership, etc...

Cartomancy: Ace of Clubs

C. Sylvestre says that the Ace of Clubs speaks of success, associated with the Ring, it reinforces happiness, luck, success of all projects, and overcomes all problems.

Just for the fun of it....If I would get the Heart followed by the Ring...then I will say that the querent is love relationship is heading toward a marriage proposal Smile
Back to top Go down
Frédérique
Wild Cat
Wild Cat
Frédérique

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Lenormand    The Oracle Lenormand  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 7:04 am

OK ok my turn! Razz

The Heart

Represents your love life, obviously. Or maybe, with The Crossroads, it could be a sign to follow your heart! Smile Anyway, with this card, I think the surrounding cards are the most important ones for the interpretation. If there's a mountain, then your love life might be tricky, or a tower, you might feel alone at heart. But just by itself I think it's a really positive card. And my card's picture has a silky cloth tied around the heart - gives me the impression that ok, you've broken your heart maybe once or twice or more, but it's still there...ready to give and recieve love. A Heart always pulls through!

The Ring

Marriage, proposal, or an important contract. You can get pretty much married to your job, your house, maybe even some hobby if you know what I mean. Getting seriously engaged with something. Commitment.

---

Great job Sibella! Cool excellent point on the cold hearted person, I believe you hit the nail in the head with that one. These cards are so multidimensional it's amazing!
Back to top Go down
Lakshmi
Admin
Admin
Lakshmi

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Lenormand    The Oracle Lenormand  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 8:38 am

hey everyone! late again!!! *sigh* well, here it is:

The heart:

love, happiness, generosity, gift, affection, feelings, sharing, harmony, passion, bliss, compassion, kindness, compatibility, object of affection, etc….
for this card you must relate to surrounding cards for more details.
Can also mean a loving friend and that you are full of vitality.

The ring:

Marriage, vows, partnership, contract, offers, commitment, contract, promise, agreement, completion, union, bond, obligations, solution, eternity, jewelry, etc..
The shows commitment and bonds we form. It can stand for business besides love, as it all comes to an agreement between individuals. Can also represent a situation that continues on and on in circles; never-ending, be it good or bad.
Make only serious promises and be willing to cooperate.

---------

loved everone's thoughts on these cards!!!

Frederique, lol, yes i agree! they are indeed so multidimensional! sets my head spinning Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
LadySibella
Admin
Admin
LadySibella

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Lenormand    The Oracle Lenormand  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 5:19 am

Great take on the cards Frederique and Lakshmi! Cool And thanks for your comments! Very Happy

@ Frederique, good job with your cards combination! and you know what? Yesterday, when I did my "Wisdom of the day" I actually got the combination you speak about "... with The Crossroads, it could be a sign to follow your heart!" and that was the interpretation that I gave to this reading and it was proven accurate!!
Great point about "getting "married" to your job!
Like you I found what M.D Ventos said, right on target for the association of Tower/Mice and Heart.

@ Lakshmi, "...a loving friend" yep, I believe the heart does represent all kinds of love...and Vitality is a good point too!
"Can also represent a situation that continues on and on in circles; never-ending, be it good or bad." Great point!

Our Cards of the Week:

Sorry to post our study so late...we're supposed to post on them during the week-end if can be...But I've been ultra busy preparing everything for the business I would like to launch by Monday...Hopefully, I'll have everything ready! Anyhow, here are the cards:

26- The Book

27- The Letter

Sounds like we're gone learn a lot of things.... Sad
Back to top Go down
Lakshmi
Admin
Admin
Lakshmi

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Lenormand    The Oracle Lenormand  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 12:16 am

ok, so here's my take on the book and letter.

The book:

Knowledge, revelation, information, wisdom, insight, education, studies, secrets, journal, hidden, confidential, documents, paperwork, teacher, etc….
The book can indicate a lot of things, and will tend to be more weighty than the letter. What will the book reveal? It can be like a diary revealing secrets or maybe something offering information; that you may or not know. Remember, don't be impatient, all will be unveiled.

The letter:

Courier, news, communication, message, mail, written information, etc….
The letter refers to all sorts of communications, written or not. But they will always have personal significance. It could refer to a love letter, or perhaps indicating that you will get to meet someone.
But this card must be look with the surrounding cards to present the flavor of the message. It tends to be positive though.

-------------------------------------------

Frederique, Sibella pm'd me, and she said she'll try to post asap, but right now she is very busy. she's setting up a business and it's taking longer than she planned. as a result, she's not had time to study the cards yet.

she said never mind for her, she will catch up and that we should go ahead for the next set.

so the next set of cards to study is the:

28. the man

and

29. the woman

Sibella said there is not much to say about them, as they are people cards, so what we'll do is use them next to another card of your choice to determine what kind of person they are.

sounds like it'll be an easy one this round! Smile

Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Frédérique
Wild Cat
Wild Cat
Frédérique

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Lenormand    The Oracle Lenormand  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 8:41 am

Oh dear! I've totally fallen behind with this one. Luckily I'm not the only one who's busy...work was pretty tough cookie last week.

My take on the last FOUR cards, heheh:

The Book

Learning, valuable knowledge, studying. Solid, profound information. Possibility to broaden your point-of-view. Advice to look deeper into something rather than just waltz right through it. Better be safe than sorry.

The Letter

contact, news, contract. Check the cards right next to it to find out what kind of letter it is. Something personal and sealed. A secret? A love letter? News from a far, somebody maybe trying to reach you or is waiting for you to reach them.

The Man

is just a man, it can represent the one the table is made for or it can be some male person on your table. Could be brother, lover, father...

The Woman

just like above, but feminine version.

Eh, sorry for these really short texts this time, I'm just really drained because of work. Surprised :drunken:
Back to top Go down
LadySibella
Admin
Admin
LadySibella

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Lenormand    The Oracle Lenormand  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 8:32 am

Finally able to post my study! Thanks for your posts good take on these cards Lakshmi and Frederique! Razz

" Remember, don't be impatient, all will be unveiled." I agree with you Lakshmi! The Book does give the idea of taking time...

"News from a far, somebody maybe trying to reach you or is waiting for you to reach them." Good point Frederique!

Ok here is my study of the 4 cards:

The Book:

Knowledge, secrets revealed, discovery, wisdom, guidance, in-depth info, education, learning, studying, a diary. Taking time to think something over, really considering everything, looking deep into a matter, before making up one’s mind. Take some leisure time. If near a person card or about someone, it would mean that that person is like an opened book, honest, doesn’t hide anything and let you know all about whom they are and their plans.

Cartomancy: 10 of Diamond

C. Sylvestre says that the 10 of Diamond talks about beneficial contacts in diverse area of life. With the Book it increases the potentials of increasing and blooming, of reaching the fulfillment of ambitious projects.

M. D. Ventos says that if the Book is the last card to come up in a reading, it means that the querant won’t be able to get the answer to their question.

S.Steinbach says that the Book card can warn that something completely unexpected will occur, it will be significant and teach some life lessons.

The Letter:

A message, a letter, an email, a fax, news, documents, contract, report, legal paper, any written info. This is about "written" communications, unlike the Birds card which is about “oral” communications. And unlike the Book which gives in-depth info, the Letter is more scanty. This is a neutral card, to know what that news, message, or info is all about we must look at the following card. Therefore the Letter can announce a positive or negative message.

Cartomancy: 7 of Spades

C. Sylvestre says that the 7 of Spades speaks of little quarrels, uneasiness, and sadness. Associated with the Letter it reminds us that messages are not always good news and can also bring disturbing news. Thus we should not rejoice ourselves at the sight of the Letter until we find out about its content.
She also specifies that if the card that follows the Letter is not sufficient and more info is needed about the content of the Letter another card can be drawn.

The Man:

*For a male querant: himself or father, or father figure, his brother or male relative or friend.

*For a female querant: her husband, boyfriend, or mate, her father or brother, a male relative, or friend.

*As a focus card in a reading it is good to “charge” it by visualizing the querant or the male about whom the reading is done, while saying his name, “This is “x””

*The card will always be interpreted with another card. This will bring info on which kind of male he is.

*Means also: A male influence or mentality.

Examples:

Man + Anchor = a very stable, reliable, man. A man you can depend upon.
Man + Fox = a cunning, crafty man, a con artist, etc…
Man + Cross = a depressed, heartbroken man, a religious or spiritual man, a minister, etc…

Cartomancy: Ace of Hearts

C. Sylvestre says that the Ace of Hearts speaks of happiness, satisfaction, household, family, and home. With the Man card it denotes loving and kind relationships and harmonious family life.

M. D. Ventos says that if the client is a female the Man card represents the “man of her heart”. If she is married but has an affair it will represent her boyfriend and her husband will be represented by the Bear card.

The Woman:

*For a female querant: herself, or mother, or mother figure, sister, or other female relative or friend.

*For a male querant: his wife, girlfriend, mate or mother, sister, or other female relative or friend.

*As a focus card in a reading it is good to “charge” it by visualizing the querant or the female about whom the reading is done, while saying her name, “This is “Y””

* The card will always be interpreted with another card. This will bring info on which kind of female she is.

*Means also: A female influence or mentality.

Examples:

Woman + Birds = a very talkative woman or who likes to gossip.
Woman + Snake = a deceiving, backstabbing, slanderous woman, etc…
Woman + Tower = an ambitious, independent, self-confident woman, etc….

Cartomancy: Ace of Spades

C. Sylvestre says that the Ace of Spades speaks of diverse contacts, and of an important future encounter. With the Woman card it speaks of straightening affective or familial situations and can also indicate reconciliation in case of disagreement, dissension.

M. D. Ventos says that if the client is a male, the Woman card represents the “Lady of his heart”. If he is married and has an affair, it will represent his girlfriend and his wife will be represented by The Snake card.

This is additional info that M. D. Ventos gives about the Man and the Woman cards:

In a reading we should pay attention to what the people card look at. And in a relationship reading pay attention to the cards that are in between the Man and the Woman as to indicate what lies between the couple. Also, do they look at each other which would mean they are in harmony or do they look the other way, meaning they have not much to say to each other. Also the card that comes first is most likely the more dominant partner in the relationship.
The way to proceed is to draw an imaginary line between the couple and see if they look at each other or not on that line.

*********************************************************************************************

Our next 2 cards are:

30 The Lily and 31 The Sun

Happy study! Sad
Back to top Go down
Lakshmi
Admin
Admin
Lakshmi

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Lenormand    The Oracle Lenormand  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 3:32 am

ok here's mine!

The man:

The man card focuses mainly on the querant. To understand the personality or whatever question is indicated to the querant, you must look to the other cards surrounding it.
If you are a man then seeing this card in the spread represents you, and if you are a woman it represents an important man in your life. It can range from boyfriend to mate or future mate. Can also represent a friend or relative.
The man card in itself can mean someone who is strong, cocky, action, aggressive, willful, and someone who enjoys being in charge.

Combinations:

The man and the dog.
A man who is friendly, loyal, and outgoing. Can also mean that he is a friend to the querant.

The man and the snake.
This can mean that the man is lying or being deceitful. Which as the snake card from all accounts appears frequently in love triangle situations, then this card does not bode well.

The woman:

The same applies to the woman card…
"The woman card focuses mainly on the querant. To understand the personality or whatever question is indicated to the querant, you must look to the other cards surrounding it.
If you are a woman then seeing this card in the spread represents you, and if you are a man, it represents an important woman in your life. It can range from girlfriend, to mate or future spouse. Can also represent a friend or relative."
The woman card can men someone who is patient, passive, has good sense of intuition, patience, one who may think more than just act, or someone who offers advice.

Combinations:

The woman and the fox:
In all sense: a vixen! A trickster or someone who knows how to manipulate maters for her own gain. Could also indicate that the woman is very resourceful, and smart. Look to other surrounding cards for more details.

The woman and the owls:
Can mean that the woman or querant is very good at communicating or a good gossiper. Or pehaps showing that she is a nervous woman.

frederique and sibella, loved the your takes on the cards.

frederique, i hope things are letting up for you! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
LadySibella
Admin
Admin
LadySibella

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Lenormand    The Oracle Lenormand  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 7:11 am

Cool Good take Lakshmi! I like the details you mentioned about the Man and Woman giving characteristics that the gender gives "The man card in itself can mean someone who is strong, cocky, action, aggressive, willful, and someone who enjoys being in charge. & The woman card can men someone who is patient, passive, has good sense of intuition, patience, one who may think more than just act, or someone who offers advice."

And it was funny that you dealt with the Woman + Fox and I with the Man + Fox! We've got the 2 nailed down! Crying or Very sad
We pretty much saw the Woman + Birds the same way! Good to specify about the nervous side of the Birds...I too often forget about that !

@ Frederique, yep, I hope everything is fine for you and that things will get down to a slower pace...I do know all about that....Sending you peace and blessings! wel73
Back to top Go down
Lakshmi
Admin
Admin
Lakshmi

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Lenormand    The Oracle Lenormand  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 7:18 am

LadySibella wrote:
Cool Good take Lakshmi! I like the details you mentioned about the Man and Woman giving characteristics that the gender gives "The man card in itself can mean someone who is strong, cocky, action, aggressive, willful, and someone who enjoys being in charge. & The woman card can men someone who is patient, passive, has good sense of intuition, patience, one who may think more than just act, or someone who offers advice."

And it was funny that you dealt with the Woman + Fox and I with the Man + Fox! We've got the 2 nailed down! Crying or Very sad
We pretty much saw the Woman + Birds the same way! Good to specify about the nervous side of the Birds...I too often forget about that !

@ Frederique, yep, I hope everything is fine for you and that things will get down to a slower pace...I do know all about that....Sending you peace and blessings! wel73

thanks Sibella! Evil or Very Mad
Crying or Very sad yea, i noticed that! took care of fox in both of them! lol
Back to top Go down
Frédérique
Wild Cat
Wild Cat
Frédérique

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Lenormand    The Oracle Lenormand  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 6:59 am

Awesome interpretations guys! love those combinations Lakshmi Crying or Very sad

Things are looking better at work now, although the coming season will make the days crazier again, little by little (I work at a department store!). Very Happy

So here's my take on the next two cards:

The Lily: bigwig (ok that's a daisy I know but close enough)

Something beautiful but fragile, honest and sincere. A positive card all in all, but quite passive - a flower has its roots on the ground. Somehow white lilies make me also think of funerals, and that makes me think of winter. Maybe a reminder of the circle of life, that nothing is permanent so we should cherish it while it's blooming.

The Sun: :sun105:

An absolutely positive card loaded with energy. Makes me think of "the Strength" card from Rider Waite tarots, where the lady is stroking a lion. Light, warmth, the basis of life itself. I see this as a sort of "sister card" to the Moon and Stars. This is the most brilliant of them. Everything will go as planned, not a cloud on the sky.

That's it! enjoy! Horse Lover (love this smiley!)
Back to top Go down
LadySibella
Admin
Admin
LadySibella

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Lenormand    The Oracle Lenormand  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 10:33 pm

Thanks for posting your study Frederique! And I'm glad things are getting better for you Very Happy But yeah, the Holidays are coming real fast and stores are going to be crowded! Years ago I worked in a dpt store also and I remember the craziness of those holidays' days!

I didn't get a chance to study, today I'll be gone all day but I'll try to post as soon as can be. I didn't read your study as I like to do mine and then read what you and Lakshmi did... Smile
Back to top Go down
Lakshmi
Admin
Admin
Lakshmi

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Lenormand    The Oracle Lenormand  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 3:17 am

Frédérique wrote:
Awesome interpretations guys! love those combinations Lakshmi Crying or Very sad

Things are looking better at work now, although the coming season will make the days crazier again, little by little (I work at a department store!). Very Happy

So here's my take on the next two cards:

The Lily: bigwig (ok that's a daisy I know but close enough)

Something beautiful but fragile, honest and sincere. A positive card all in all, but quite passive - a flower has its roots on the ground. Somehow white lilies make me also think of funerals, and that makes me think of winter. Maybe a reminder of the circle of life, that nothing is permanent so we should cherish it while it's blooming.

The Sun: :sun105:

An absolutely positive card loaded with energy. Makes me think of "the Strength" card from Rider Waite tarots, where the lady is stroking a lion. Light, warmth, the basis of life itself. I see this as a sort of "sister card" to the Moon and Stars. This is the most brilliant of them. Everything will go as planned, not a cloud on the sky.

That's it! enjoy! Horse Lover (love this smiley!)

Crying or Very sad thanks frederique!

loved your take on the cards! i liked how you described the lily, it makes me feel like it's a poetic sort of card which i think matches up quite well!

well, i still need to do my cards too!!!! aaah, sorry for being late. i'm going to try to do it today or tomorrow max. Very Happy

i'm glad things have let up for you! Razz
Back to top Go down
Frédérique
Wild Cat
Wild Cat
Frédérique

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Lenormand    The Oracle Lenormand  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 7:50 pm

Thanks Lakshmi and LadySibella Smile

Yes I think the Lily is indeed a poetic card, and also found a funny fact of the plant: as it is well resistant to heat, it's been eaten as a luxury food in China during the hot days of summer! This makes me think that a lily with a person could mean "a poetic person who keeps it cool", but I don't know... Crying or Very sad

Then again mademoiselle Lenormand might not known that fact back in the days of the French revolution!

Do you guys know how the pictures were chosen for this pack? Was it done by Mme Lenormand herself? Did she make up the whole concept of Lenormand or was she just the first one to use it?
Back to top Go down
LadySibella
Admin
Admin
LadySibella

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Lenormand    The Oracle Lenormand  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 11:05 am

Frédérique wrote:
Thanks Lakshmi and LadySibella Smile

You're welcome Frederique!

Lakshmi contacted me and she is out of town for most part of the week end. She said she will try to post her study on Sunday.

Frédérique wrote:
Do you guys know how the pictures were chosen for this pack? Was it done by Mme Lenormand herself? Did she make up the whole concept of Lenormand or was she just the first one to use it?

Actually, the deck as we know it today was not created by Mlle Lenormand who was reading cards with a regular deck of playing cards Sad
The deck we have now with these beautiful pictures came to be after she passed away...I'm still wondering who made the very 1st deck and if that person had particular reasons for choosing each pic and what was the meaning he or she had in mind ....I've been searching and searching and some ....but so far I have not found any info.

I finally found the time to study my cards and actually as I had the time I went ahead and studied the 2 next cards Smile

@ Frederique, I really like your interpretation of the Lily and Sun! Razz And actually you had the right feeling about the Lily when you said it made you think of winter....Well, S. Steinbach says in her book that the Lily announces a very slow pace because it is synonymous of "winter" if you are looking into timing your reading!

Now here is my interpretation:

The Lily:

First I think of peace, purity and harmony. Besides that it represents also happiness, satisfaction, being fulfilled beauty, honorability. With the addition of the King of Spades, I see maturity, wisdom, elders. Some readers see “sexuality” into that card.

Cartomancy: King of Spades
C. Sylvestre says that the King of Spades associated to the Lily speaks of balancing out rigidity with gentleness. It also speaks of maturity in dealing with matters.

S. Steinbach says that the Lily represents a father figure, an older brother, a grandfather, parents, elders, or mature boyfriend, an older woman, aging process.

Tarolyn says that for a reading about “retirement” this is the card to choose as the “Focus” card and would be placed on top or under the Man or Woman cards depending who the querent is.

The Sun:

Success in any area of life, reaching goals, power, strength, being a leader, charisma, having lots of stamina, positive mind, warmth, happiness. Represents masculine energy, active reactions.

Cartomancy: Ace of Diamonds
C. Sylvestre says that the Ace of Diamonds associated to the Sun speaks of great news, fulfillment of goals, financial prosperity, etc…

S. Steinbach: says that the Sun is the card of courage and overcoming adversity to reach your goals.

M. D. Ventos: relates the Sun card to our eyes and that would mean that we should take good care of your eyes. He says also that if we find a combination:

Sun + Whip + Person card
Or
Person card + Whip + Sun

It shows that the client is a natural Spiritual Healer.

Now our 2 new cards of the week! Smile

The Moon:

Dreams, rest, creativity, psychic ability, intuition, attraction, romantic love, can also speak of platonic love, nurturing, family relationship, as well as emotions, cycles of life, instability or being moody. The card following the Moon will determine which aspect of the Moon is shown. It represents feminine energy, passive reactions.

Cartomancy: 8 of Hearts
C. Sylvestre says that the 8 of Hearts confirms the fulfillment of goals related to love and family getting along as well as an excellent evolution of professional goals.

M. D. Ventos: says that if the Moon is at the left of the Person card it means that that person is very spiritual with psychic abilities and deep intuitions. A combination of:

Clouds + Moon + Coffin

Would indicate a depression caused by spirit influences.

The Key:

I see it as a “yes” card….The answer we were waiting for, the solution to our problems, “the” key to open the doors before us, whatever was blocked will be open, doors of opportunity open, whatever we needed to know will be revealed. With the key in our hand we are in control. Just as things or people are secure behind closed doors…the Key speaks of safety. Ultimately it means success.

Cartomancy: 8 of Diamonds
C. Sylvestre says that the 8 of Diamonds associated with the Key that the querent has what it takes to reach his or her goals and things will accelerate for any ongoing project.

S. Steinbach: says that the Key reveals if someone has a Karmic connection with you and if you share some past life memories together. It may foretell the coming or presence of a soul mate.

Just for fun here is a little combination with one of the card we studied:
Key + Lily = Your solution is to have more peace and harmony in your life as well as to proceed with wisdom.

Well, that's it for me Very Happy Can't wait to read your thoughts on

The Moon and The key Razz

If you have any question don't hesitate to ask! Smile

Back to top Go down
Lakshmi
Admin
Admin
Lakshmi

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Lenormand    The Oracle Lenormand  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 8:36 am

At last! Sorry it took me so long, but it's just been one thing after another lol.

The lily:
Harmony, wisdom, serenity, peace, calm, contemplation, satisfaction, maturity, spiritual growth, the "zen", rest, beauty, elegance, etc….
The lily can also represent that people respect you and listen to you because you show wisdom and good leadership.
This card is another that needs the other cards on either side to lead to the "theme" meaning. But in general it's a positive card.

The sun:
Life, vitality, warmth, energy, success, optimism, happiness, victory, enthusiasm, will, self-confidence, illumination, glory, etc….
A very positive card, it is one to be optimistic with. Success will come, and you will achieve what situation you are having. The sun helps cancel out bad things and can strengthen family ties, relations, and other situations.

For the moon and the key, I will probably post them sometime on sunday
Back to top Go down
Lakshmi
Admin
Admin
Lakshmi

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Lenormand    The Oracle Lenormand  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 8:12 am

ok, here it is!

The moon:
The subconscious, psychic, sensitivity, intuition, emotions, feelings, dreams, creativity, fantasy, fame, honor, feminine, etc…
The moon shows us what is not visible. It can be revealed to us in our dreams, and can give us satisfaction, knowledge, truth, or suspicion. The moon also ties with our intuition and therefore can strengthen it. The moon can resonate in us things we know deep down. It as well affects us in other ways and can very much have a play in our moods. In most case, a positive card, but as always, look to the other cards surrounding.

The key:
Revelation, answers, solutions, discovery, epiphany, insight, clue, destiny, mastery, important, opportunities, karma, the soul, etc….
The key opens the door, reveals and show a solution. It shows the right way and also may reveal what resides in your heart. It is usually a good indicator for success in whatever endeavors. For the most part, a positive card, but can be otherwise depending on surrounding cards.

-----------------------
Frederique, hope everything is ok! Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Frédérique
Wild Cat
Wild Cat
Frédérique

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Lenormand    The Oracle Lenormand  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 10:02 am

Hi guys!! So sorry for the late post, I partied the whole weekend...hehe...our company had a big anniversary. Didn't wanna check out the cards slightly hung-overed so here we go now Laughing

The Moon:

I have two ways to perceive this card: the tarot way and the poetic way. The tarot way is that it represents the subconscious, the night, the non-visible. Also our fears, intuitions. Lots of feminine energy here.
The poetic way: The moon aka Lady Diana has for centuries been a symbol for the unattainable, secret love in the distance. And maybe because of the distance, also so perfect. A mistress.

The key:

A way to solve a riddle, an answer, an idea to get through something. You find a way, a very positive sign when standing alone. The nucleus of the surroundings, the essential. What do you need to open to be able to go forward?

---

Great work done again Lakshmi and LadySibella! Evil or Very Mad Love the connection between zen and lily! And LadySibella, very interesting information about the history of the cards! thanks for sharing Razz
Back to top Go down
LadySibella
Admin
Admin
LadySibella

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Lenormand    The Oracle Lenormand  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 12:21 am

No pressure Lakshmi, & Frederique it's not always easy to post on time. Thanks for sharing your interpretations. Glad to know that you are all fine, just busy...The Holidays coming up fast! Can't believe it is almost Thanksgiving day!

Lakshmi wrote:
The lily:".....The lily can also represent that people respect you and listen to you because you show wisdom and good leadership..."

The sun:.... The sun helps cancel out bad things and can strengthen family ties, relations, and other situations.

Lakshmi wrote:
The moon:....The moon shows us what is not visible. It can be revealed to us in our dreams, and can give us satisfaction, knowledge, truth, or suspicion. ....moon can resonate in us things we know deep down....

The key:... It shows the right way and also may reveal what resides in your heart..."

Good points!

Frédérique wrote:
Hi guys!! So sorry for the late post, I partied the whole weekend...hehe...our company had a big anniversary. Didn't wanna check out the cards slightly hung-overed so here we go now Laughing

Laughing Got to keep the fun in our lives! Sad

Frédérique wrote:

The Moon:... The moon aka Lady Diana has for centuries been a symbol for the unattainable, secret love in the distance. And maybe because of the distance, also so perfect. A mistress."

Very interesting, didn't think about it!

Frédérique wrote:

The key:....The nucleus of the surroundings, the essential. What do you need to open to be able to go forward?

Good point!

Frédérique wrote:
Great work done again Lakshmi and LadySibella! Evil or Very Mad Love the connection between zen and lily! And LadySibella, very interesting information about the history of the cards! thanks for sharing Razz

You're welcome Frederique! Don't hesitate to ask, whatever I know I will share... Smile

Getting close to the end of the pack! Sad Just 3 cards remaining.... shall we study the 3 last cards instead of 2 like usual and then 1??? If you feel up to it let me know Very Happy

Our 2 next cards are....

The Fish

The Anchor

And if we do the 3 remaining...we'll also study

The Cross

Thanks pals for your particiaption! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Lakshmi
Admin
Admin
Lakshmi

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Lenormand    The Oracle Lenormand  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 7:19 am

hi frederique!!! haha, you partied Crying or Very sad !!! well i'm glad you had fun lol Razz ....

@ Sibella, well sounds good to me. might as well since it's the end...although i've some to study from the begining.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Lenormand    The Oracle Lenormand  - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Oracle Lenormand
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next