Black Cat Friendship Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Black Cat Friendship Forum

Black Cat - A Worldwide Friendship Forum for the whole family. Join, chat, post and make new friends at your Liberty!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Oracle Lenormand

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Lakshmi
Admin
Admin

The Oracle Lenormand  - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Lenormand    The Oracle Lenormand  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 7:19 am

hi frederique!!! haha, you partied Crying or Very sad !!! well i'm glad you had fun lol Razz ....

@ Sibella, well sounds good to me. might as well since it's the end...although i've some to study from the begining.
Back to top Go down
Frédérique
Wild Cat
Wild Cat
Frédérique

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Lenormand    The Oracle Lenormand  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 5:48 pm

Yeah that's ok with me as well! I'll try to post that in time Smile
Back to top Go down
LadySibella
Admin
Admin
LadySibella

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Lenormand    The Oracle Lenormand  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 12:08 am

happy So the 3 last cards it is! and then we'll tackle with practice and learning some spreads! Sad
Back to top Go down
LadySibella
Admin
Admin
LadySibella

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Lenormand    The Oracle Lenormand  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 4:18 am

Here comes my interpretation of our 3 last cards Sad

34 The Fish

Positive and advantageous evolution of a situation. This card is particularly related to finances and material possessions. Abundance, increase, prosperity, small businesses, success. Also refers to adventure, and "slippery" situations.

Cartomancy: King of Diamonds

*C. Sylvestre says that the King of Diamonds associated with The Fish will benefit a good progression and success in any endeavor. Improvements will occur for material possessions.

*M. D. Ventos: says that next to the Person card, it means that the querent should follow and live his/her dreams.

35 The Anchor

Stability, security, settling down, good foundations, durability, being grounded, and well established. Traditionally this card represents work.

Cartomancy: 9 of Spades

*C. Sylvestre says that the 9 of Spades is a negative card speaking of separations, and failures, etc…Thus, the opposite of the Anchor. She takes that as a reminder that the querent must remain careful as you can never be 100% sure of anything.

*S. Steinbach says that this card speaks about long term goals and that it encourages you to continue on the path you are following because you will eventually reach your goals. When describing a marriage the querent can be assured that it is a long term commitment, 10, 20 or more years.

36 The Cross

Sufferings, burdens, heartaches, difficulties, pains, separation, sacrifices, fate, guilt. A rather unappealing card but it has a positive side! Like forgiveness, faith, salvation, hope, prayers, a deeper spiritual life.

Cartomancy: 6 of Clubs

*C. Sylvestre says that the 6 of Clubs associated with the Cross confirm sorrows, sufferings, pains of all kinds.

*S. Steinbach specifies that the Cross represents all the world religions. And also that a “Religious” person will be represented byThe Cross card while a “Spiritual” by the Tree or Key cards.

Looking forward to reading your interpretations! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Frédérique
Wild Cat
Wild Cat
Frédérique

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Lenormand    The Oracle Lenormand  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 8:07 am

Great job LadySibella! Cool Oh and I _love_ your new avatar and signature, soooo pretty! Rolling Eyes Basketball

Here's my final trio:

The Fish

For some reason I find this card maybe one of the most difficult ones to interpret. I can't say that it's either positive or negative. I know that water is a symbol of our subconscious mind, so maybe the fish represents fears or feelings that we for some reason do not yet realize yet. In my fish card there is also a ship in the horizon, and the fish in the middle seems to be like looking at it although he's got his fish friends right beside him. Are you longing for something impossible? A fish belongs in the sea. Think of Mermaid Ariel! In the original story she should have accepted her existance as a mermaid and not wish to change herself for love. Love never requires you to change your very self.

The Anchor

I like to think living a life is pretty much like sailing. You can just cruise around or have a well-planned route to follow, either way you'll face storms, heavy waves and you need to know how to navigate to keep your ship safe. Anchor is like a decision: you know what you want and what you're doing when you lower the anchor. Also it can be a message for you that says you need to stop for a while. Slow down, take a break from all the sailing. Or it can mean profound commitment, anchors rarely fail their job to keep the boat in its place. Positive card on its own. With a person, may also mean that the man / woman is maybe holding you back - or if it's positive, keeping you real.

The Cross

Can be a religious card and point directly to Christianity. Otherwise I see this as a fairly negative card, we all have our crosses to bear. Sometimes we crucify ourselves over tiny little things, or things that we couldn't help happening in the first place. Are you being too hard on yourself? A tough, heavy burden.

Yay! Can't wait to start doing spreads! jocolor
Back to top Go down
Lakshmi
Admin
Admin
Lakshmi

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Lenormand    The Oracle Lenormand  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 9:04 am

ok here's the last 3! and then i have to hurry up and catch up with the 1st few cards i missed at the begining Crying or Very sad

The fish:
Money, abundance, prosperity, profit, luxury, excess, independence, freedom, flexibility, self-employment, trade, exchange, liquid, water, rain, etc….

The primary card for money/money luck. Financial dreams can come true with this. You generate great profits, and money just comes to you. Can also indicate someone who works on or near the ocean/sea.
It can represent emotion, which in this case intensifies it.

The anchor:
Stability, commitment, security, Perseverance, determination, legacy, safe harbor, standpoint, etc….

The anchor card shows stability, what is your strength, and you power. It can show that you feel overwhelmed by responsibilities, and also warns you not to be to rigid. Can also show that you feel safe and stable in whatever is happening in your life.

The cross:
Hardship, suffering, burdens, destiny, grief, despair, uneasiness, religion/Christianity, regret, trauma, guilt, mercy, selflessness, devotion, sacrifice, etc….

The unpleasant things in life. Fateful happenings, and also can show you what tests you have ahead. They may be more or less intense and stressful. It may also be an opp for you to learn from your mistakes, growing in experience.

The cross can indicate that you have lost your way…thus, it is time to go back and start again. It can also show that what heavy burdens you have, and that you should lighten it.

------------------------

Wow, can't believe it's over!
yup, i'm like you frederique, it'll be great to get into spreads!!
Back to top Go down
LadySibella
Admin
Admin
LadySibella

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Lenormand    The Oracle Lenormand  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 12:55 pm

polite Gals,I've been a bit overloaded and only had the time to browse through your interpretations...But I hope to read them tomorrow and give you a little feedback Smile

I will also post a "How to" about a simple spread to start with...

Blessings Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
LadySibella
Admin
Admin
LadySibella

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Lenormand    The Oracle Lenormand  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 12:40 am

Frédérique wrote:
Great job LadySibella! Cool Oh and I _love_ your new avatar and signature, soooo pretty! Rolling Eyes Basketball

:thanks: Frederique!

For the meaning of The Fish Card it is traditionally a "positive" card. There is no sign of storm or troubled waters, the sky is clear. Thus, the water retains its positive meaning of purification, of things flowing, of prosperity, and fertility...with water things grow...The fish are also the symbol of prosperity, they multiply greatly. Actually the art on the Mystical Lenormand deck, shows "gold fish" which are for chinese people a symbol of prosperity, abundance. Now about what you say "subconscious mind" it is also applicable but not in a negative way, intuition (water & fish)...and also emotions but good ones, like the happiness that things flowing and prosperity bring to ones life. And here the ship will be more linked to adventure, discovery, travel, trading...but it could be a "longing" as well I will say other cards would be necessary to pinpoint if it is or not. Like if you would have a combination with The Ship card then it would confirm a trip and a prosperous one.

To easily interpret a reading, it is good to not have the same main meaning for several cards and to keep one for each card. In other words, if the Fish card doesn't have its "Prosperity" "Increase" "Things going smoothly" meaning then that info will be lost as it won't be given by another card...

But, intuition plays an important part in reading cards and if one day a card just screams out loud a meaning that had never been brought up by anyone or even tradition...well, your intuition should not be disregarded, but you have to know for sure that it is coming from your intuition and that would be a strong feeling.

What makes things easier when doing readings is to decide which meaning you will give to each card and stick to it. There are several schools in the Lenormand and they have slight differences on the meaning for each cards. So, to not be confused it is better to decide from start. Like you would do with Tarot Reversals...there are several ways to interpret a reversed card so the best way to deal with that is to make a statement before using your Tarot on how you will interpret your reversed cards. Then, the cards that need a certain meaning provided by the method you chose will appear reversed in purpose so that you can get the message....It is like setting up a code with whoever you believe the wisdom comes from (your inner self, the universe, your spirit guide, God, etc...) when using this divination tool.

Great points made on the Anchor and the Cross! Razz

Frédérique wrote:
Yay! Can't wait to start doing spreads! jocolor

Yep! that's when the fun begins and you will be amazed at how accurate that Oracle can be! Sad

@ Lakshmi:

Good take on these last cards! Razz

Well, now if you have any question about the cards this thread will remain open for you to ask away! Sad

I'm gonna use it also to explain the spreads and we will then go to the "practice thread" to actually use the spreads...At any time, you can post on the practice thread a spread you have done and for which you would like the insights of others, or for which you need help, or need an interpretation if you could not make anything out of it, etc...that can be done besides our practice, at any time. Smile

Coming up also, is a Reference Thread. I will put as soon as I can, the main meaning of each card using a mix from diverse sources. It will be "key words" for a quick reference. Like that it will be easy to access anytime you need it for your readings.

Check out also the "Divination 101" thread that is still in progress.

:thanks: all for your participation to the study of each card! That was enlightening and I enjoyed studying with you Razz Evil or Very Mad

If I get some time off today, I will post the "how to" for a basic spread as it is a good place to start! Love
Back to top Go down
Lakshmi
Admin
Admin
Lakshmi

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Lenormand    The Oracle Lenormand  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 7:39 am

sounds great Sibella! Razz
Back to top Go down
Frédérique
Wild Cat
Wild Cat
Frédérique

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Lenormand    The Oracle Lenormand  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 7:27 pm

Thanks to both of you for explaining the Fish, yes, of course it's about wealth and prosperity - why didn't I think of that! *facepalm*

It was really nice practice to go through the whole pack with you guys and I learned a lot just by looking at a card Smile so can't wait for doing the actual spreads. Cheers everyone! flower
Back to top Go down
Lakshmi
Admin
Admin
Lakshmi

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Lenormand    The Oracle Lenormand  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 1:44 am

you bet! Razz just a little update. sibella contacted me, she's been caught up with the holidays, but she already has the material ready. she needs to come and post now.
so, soon we can start!!! jocolor
Back to top Go down
LadySibella
Admin
Admin
LadySibella

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Lenormand    The Oracle Lenormand  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 1:20 am

You're welcome Frederique, glad that the study helped you! Very Happy

As promised here are 2 spreads to start with, with examples... Sad

Basic Spread:

This is the Daily Wisdom Spread that gives a good practice as it can be used every day with or without a specific question.

* Shuffle your cards, asking for a word of wisdom for the day (preferably done in the morning, some say at least before noon as it is to give you something about that particular day).
* Cut and look at the cut what card it has…This will be your “Theme” card…
* Then deal the 1st 2 cards, place them side by side. This will give you the wisdom about whatever the theme card was.

Layout as follow:

Cards dealt:

1----2

--3--

And beneath them goes the “Theme” card (#3).

Example:

Theme card: The Lady

That would mean that the wisdom is directly about you if you are a female or a wife/friend/close relative if you are a male.

Book + Tree

That person will get deeper insight about her health, and/or how to live a more balanced life, or that she needs to look deeper into her health, maybe have a checkup….. can also mean that she will know more about her ancestry (for instance that person might be looking into), or should research about it.

Another example:

Theme card: The birds

Means that the wisdom given will be about oral communications, info given orally; or about some worries or nervousness that the querent is having, or gossips that will be passed on to the querent. In any case it will be verbal, nothing in writing.

Whip + Mice

Tells that the querent is going to deal with unpleasant communications, will get into an argument that will be costly, that will “eat” her/he up, causes distress and worries. A very negative exchange of words…or at least the querent will hear about it, someone will confide about their problems.

One thing to remember is to interpret the card combination! Here Whip + Mice

If you have a specific question, you can start by this easy 6 cards spread I created:

6 cards spread question/answer:

* Shuffle your deck, cut (you can look at the base but it is not a must for that spread)
* Draw or deal 6 cards and layout as follow:

1 + 2 --------- 3 + 4
--------5 + 6-----------

1+2 give you insight on the situation, or question you have

3+4 give you the possible way things will go

5+6 will give you the answer or wisdom

Here is an example:

Will “X” succeed to retrieve the jacket she lost?

1+2 Flowers + Scythe (insight on the situation, or question)

This Jacket that “X” has lost was a sudden painful situation, a shock. It made a dent (Scythe) in her joy as she was deprived of something she liked and that was a gift (flowers)

3+4 Woman + Lily (possible way things will go)

She will visibly succeed to have peace about it, find her balance again.

5+6 Cross + Storks (the answer or wisdom)

There was nothing she could have done, it just happened and it is hurtful to lose something that you like a lot,(cross) but she needs to move on and she can also get a new one.(Storks)

If you have any question on how to go about these 2 spreads, please ask!
If not try them out and post your reading on the Practice thread. Thanks!

I will also place some simulated reading on our “Practice Thread” so you can practice some more on these spread.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Lenormand    The Oracle Lenormand  - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Oracle Lenormand
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5