Black Cat Friendship Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Black Cat Friendship Forum

Black Cat - A Worldwide Friendship Forum for the whole family. Join, chat, post and make new friends at your Liberty!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Celebrating "love" ?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
LadySibella
Admin
Admin
LadySibella

Celebrating "love" ? Empty
PostSubject: Celebrating "love" ?   Celebrating "love" ? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 2:10 am

Valentine's day is a very ancient tradition started by the Romans. Here is what i found on the net

"The holiday's roots are in the ancient Roman festival of Lupercalia, a fertility celebration commemorated annually on February 15. Pope Gelasius I recast this pagan festival as a Christian feast day circa 496, declaring February 14 to be St. Valentine's Day."

http://www.infoplease.com/spot/valentinesdayhistory.html

What do you think about the tradition of celebrating Valentine's day? Do you think it can be good for a couple to celebrate their love, maybe use the feast to try to boost it or re-candle it?
What do you think about the way it turned out in our society?

:valen6:
Back to top Go down
Lakshmi
Admin
Admin
Lakshmi

PostSubject: Re: Celebrating "love" ?   Celebrating "love" ? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 10:36 am

i think it can't do any harm at all, to celebrate the romance between a couple.
it shouldn't be the only time to try to bolster or rekindle the flame, but otherwise it certainly won't hurt anything lol. can try to make something memorable out of that day. a day dedicated for that.

well like anything, there's good and bad too it. people kinda went overboard - which is companies' fault- but the essence of it is still there.

Back to top Go down
Elvisfan
Black Cat
Black Cat
Elvisfan

PostSubject: Re: Celebrating "love" ?   Celebrating "love" ? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2015 2:18 am

Personally I think you should tell your other how much you luv them every day sometimes in words but also in little things you know will please them.
This past two weeks hubby hasn't been able to bend and put his socks on so I have,now that is showing you luv somebody.just little things like that,being there when your partner needs you.
Back to top Go down
Lakshmi
Admin
Admin
Lakshmi

PostSubject: Re: Celebrating "love" ?   Celebrating "love" ? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2015 9:38 am

Elvisfan wrote:
Personally I think you should tell your other how much you luv  them  every day sometimes in words but also in little things you know will please them.
This past two weeks hubby hasn't been able to bend and put his socks on so I have,now that is showing you luv somebody.just little things like that,being there when your partner needs you.

Razz  yes i agree with that! Basketball
i hope you're hubby is feeling all right Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
LadySibella
Admin
Admin
LadySibella

PostSubject: Re: Celebrating "love" ?   Celebrating "love" ? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2015 11:32 am

yeah, i agree with both of you. my hubby also gets period when he has many problems with his back and hands... and i did many time tie up his shoes, put on socks, rub him, massage him so that he'll feel better... i make homemade bread for him cuz he likes it better. True that love has to be seen in actions.
I don't really like the way it is commercialized just like Christmas but well, it's up to each of us to stay on top of it all and not let their advertising pull the strings Smile
But a little romance celebration can only do good like you were saying Lakshmi :valen5:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Celebrating "love" ?   Celebrating "love" ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Celebrating "love" ?
Page 1 of 1