Black Cat Friendship Forum

Black Cat - A Worldwide Friendship Forum for the whole family. Join, chat, post and make new friends at your Liberty!

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Celebrating Halloween: Then & Now

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lakshmi
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Celebrating Halloween: Then & Now   Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:07 pm

Halloween has seen many changes in the way it is celebrated, and also the mindset of people have placed a impact on this holiday.

Trick or treating has become more dangerous to kids for example. Before it was safe, now it's something we must be careful of.

In the very beginning, Halloween was a time to remember the dead, saints & martyrs included. Pumpkins aka Jack O' Lanterns were originally believed to represent the dead & frighten evil spirits. Rituals were done, among many other things.  

Some things remain the same, while sometimes the same is changed.

Now it's more of a "fun & spooky" holiday where people trick a' treat and have a party.
It's interesting to see how things have changed.

What are your thoughts on this?
 :ghostfl:

:txpumk: :tbpumk:

Black Cat

PostSubject: Re: Celebrating Halloween: Then & Now   Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:06 pm

Even though it's not as big here, the kids did go out years ago and now the local schools have parties to stop the kids going round the streets
Back to top Go down
Lakshmi
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Celebrating Halloween: Then & Now   Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:22 am

same here, although now with extra precautions when kids go trick or treating. people apparently tamper with the candies!

i never really celebrated halloween though i watch a good flick, and have some popcorn. never bothered with the whole candy thing. or parties.

i think it's become such a "party" think mostly because it was another way to get more money. after all, if things had stayed the way they were, it would people just about nothing. now, everything is elaborate. not just the pumpkin, but now we decorate the yard, (well i don't lol) and garlands, lights, etc.

PostSubject: Re: Celebrating Halloween: Then & Now   

Back to top Go down

Celebrating Halloween: Then & Now
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Black Cat Friendship Forum :: Black Cat Lifestyle :: Sunrise :: Holidays Archives :: Halloween 2014-
Jump to:  
Forum create on Forumotion | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Free forum