Black Cat Friendship Forum

Black Cat - A Worldwide Friendship Forum for the whole family. Join, chat, post and make new friends at your Liberty!

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Valentine's Traditions Around The World

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
LadySibella
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Valentine's Traditions Around The World   Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:48 am

Thanks for sharing the Valentine's Traditions of you country...

"The person should look for peace within and not depend on it in any other place. There are no waves in the depths of the ocean, it is still and unbroken." Lord Buddha
Back to top Go down
Ember
Black Cat
Black Cat

PostSubject: Re: Valentine's Traditions Around The World   Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:09 pm

Cards, romantic dinner, flowers
I'm not an expert on these things as you'll read on 'Valentine's plans'
Back to top Go down
LadySibella
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Valentine's Traditions Around The World   Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:52 am

Thx Ember for sharing! :valen18:

In the US part of the traditions is that the celebration isn't just for "romantic love" but also "family love". So people will offer cards and gifts to their grandparents, parents, sibling.... I think the feast has been overtaken by the "money making spirit" and has become a bit too commercial. It used to be really for couple to celebrate their love, so really about romantic love.

Otherwise, yeah like in your country people will have a romantic dinner, often by candlelight :valen5: , guys will offer :valen1: , many will go ahead and buy a gift more or less expensive. Again we are bombarded by advertisings for "diamond jewelry", bunch of stuffed animals also and :valen16: chocolates!

"The person should look for peace within and not depend on it in any other place. There are no waves in the depths of the ocean, it is still and unbroken." Lord Buddha
Back to top Go down
Lakshmi
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Valentine's Traditions Around The World   Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:42 am

yea same-o!

i remember those little Valentine cards we give each other at school. just kids, so nothing to do with romance, but it was a fun occasion, and a way to also get sweets lol

Black Cat

PostSubject: Re: Valentine's Traditions Around The World   Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:11 pm

Well, in Canada, we slaughter our first born on Valentines eve... and ..well ...you know the rest!  laughtears  

Back to top Go down
Lakshmi
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Valentine's Traditions Around The World   Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:41 am

Millie_Me wrote:
Well, in Canada, we slaughter our first born on Valentines eve... and ..well ...you know the rest!  laughtears  

laughtears

now it's a fact! i now know that on any special occasion, bloody murder is done in Canada! awe it's a wonder the population survives.
laughtears laughtears

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Valentine's Traditions Around The World   Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:26 am

laughtears Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down
Millie_Me
Black Cat
Black Cat

PostSubject: Re: Valentine's Traditions Around The World   Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:29 pm

Lakshmi wrote:

now it's a fact! i now know that on any special occasion, bloody murder is done in Canada! awe it's a wonder the population survives.
laughtears laughtears

...well, we 'do' enjoy quiet time! laughtears
Back to top Go down
LadySibella
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Valentine's Traditions Around The World   Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:36 am

Crying or Very sad you two... Lol

Back to top Go down
Lakshmi
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Valentine's Traditions Around The World   Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:29 am

laughtears

PostSubject: Re: Valentine's Traditions Around The World   

Back to top Go down

Valentine's Traditions Around The World
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Black Cat Friendship Forum :: Black Cat Lifestyle :: Sunrise :: Holidays Archives :: Valentine's Room-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Free forum