Black Cat Friendship Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Black Cat Friendship Forum

Black Cat - A Worldwide Friendship Forum for the whole family. Join, chat, post and make new friends at your Liberty!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Do you believe in Astrology?

Go down 
+2
LadySibella
Admin
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Do you believe in Astrology?  Empty
PostSubject: Do you believe in Astrology?    Do you believe in Astrology?  Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 9:21 am

I'm not talking about the stuff that's in the daily Newspapers or Magazines, but do you believe the planets can effect the type of person we are?

Back to top Go down
LadySibella
Admin
Admin
LadySibella

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in Astrology?    Do you believe in Astrology?  Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 4:21 am

I think it is possible, they won't make who we are but they will play a part in who we are. The moon is well known to affect humans and animals, so other planets probably do too. Smile
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in Astrology?    Do you believe in Astrology?  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 11:34 am

That's right! I'm a big believer in Astrology, because we know the solar system effects the planet Earth is must effect us also.
Back to top Go down
LadySibella
Admin
Admin
LadySibella

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in Astrology?    Do you believe in Astrology?  Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 5:50 pm

when you get something done by a real astrologer that really knows all about it, you get quite accurate info. Personality traits can be amazingly described also!
Back to top Go down
Shanouche
Top Cat
Top Cat
Shanouche

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in Astrology?    Do you believe in Astrology?  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2015 8:24 pm

Hi,

I'm reviving this post... Wink

Here's my view on the subject.

I've always been fascinated by astrology but it never seemed to 'apply' to me.
Then, last year I discovered a more spiritual way of looking at astrology, like karmic astrology, and it is helping me every day in my path. It's like I'm now walking with my eyes open.

To me, planets don't affect who we are. We are a person (or a soul) in search for greater peace and harmony, and we have a baggage and a mission. To help us on our way, we have a 'path' that if we walk it, we find peace and harmony, and when we move away from it, our lives become more chaotic and complicated. We are energy, the planets are energy and their dance in the sky create energy as well. And there is the law of resonance that says when you have a type of vibrations inside, you attract the same vibrating energies to you. So your vibrations will resonate with particular planets or aspects in the sky. And to me, the more aware you become of your own energies and the way you can draw on the energies around, like the planets, but there's more, your life becomes all the more easy and fulfilling.

So planets I believe, help us go forward on our path. When Mercury goes retrograde, the sky tells us: slow down, be mindful of what you are saying at this time as it might create conflits (and if it does, then there is something for us to learn from that). When Venus is shadow or retrograde, it tells us: ok, now is the time to concentrate on love and self love, what do you believe love is, what do you expect from it and all... and when it goes direct it says ok, if you want to find a partner for a long term, watch out now, we'll help you now because you've done the work.

When you take your birth chart, it is a map of your life and mission, it shows what your weaknesses are so you can work on them and grow, and what your strengths are, to build on them, it shows patterns we need to heal... To me it is a wonderful tool. I wish I could study it, but I have found great astrologers, so I just listen to them and do other things that I do better than astrology and thank Heaven for the help Smile

Nday

Back to top Go down
LadySibella
Admin
Admin
LadySibella

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in Astrology?    Do you believe in Astrology?  Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2015 12:40 am

Very interesting post Shanouche! yeah, i think also that our energy can be linked to the energy of the planets, and be influenced by them.
i had a chart done about 30 years ago but i lost it in all my moves Surprised i wish i could have another done!

for our personality we do grow and change while the core of our personality remains and for me the personality description given to me by the astrologer was really dead on.
So i think there is still something going on there, i don't grasp really how but still i can't disregard that side as it was accurate.

Now, when you read little book about astrology that gives you a "standard" personality for each sign... that's something else Do you believe in Astrology?  2750753737 some is true, other things are totally wacko! like for me i'm a Pisces and they always go with " you love the sea, swimming, etc..." well, absolutely not Lol i'm freaked about the sea even if i find it beautiful, but i'm not attracted to go in vacations by the beach, i'm a total mountaineer, i love the forests, i love hiking, etc...

But someone i knew who was doing astrology had told me it was because those books simplify thing to the full and only give you generalities... and there's many different type of Pisces according to the hour of your birth and the planets that were there...

Astrology fascinates me but like you i don't have the time to study it deep so i just continue with what i know.
Back to top Go down
Shanouche
Top Cat
Top Cat
Shanouche

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in Astrology?    Do you believe in Astrology?  Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2015 12:50 am

Hi Sib,
Yes, I see. But I think I was not so clear. I believe planets influence us, but not in the way you have Neptune in your sign, you are pisces, therefore you like the sea, but in the way you (the soul, the energy you) has decided to come and experience something about water as the element or water as the concept (the immensity, the I am all and all is me) and THEREFORE you chose to be born as pisces and either love the sea (if it is a strength on your path) or be afraid of it (if it is a weakness you have come to heal during this lifetime).

I have the same, I am aries, but I am not like an aries, I'm scared, dreamy, it's tough for me to act etc. But I have my south node in pisces (that's where I get the dreamy, the difficulty to act and most fears as my fears are about water in general, and loneliness, but it's also the emotions...) and what pisces encompasses shows what my true nature is about, or at least what I am used to, though I still need to heal some things about water and the non grounding, and now I need to manifest my energies in the action-oriented and grounded aries, which I'm not as it is my challenge.
You see? So to me, the planets don't really influence us in the sense oh you're born under that sign and it is causing you troubles, too bad for you, but we have a relationship with some planets or aspects as they are the energies that can help us on our journeys like roadmaps and the more we tap into them, the more we have a smooth sailing journey. Smile
Back to top Go down
LadySibella
Admin
Admin
LadySibella

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in Astrology?    Do you believe in Astrology?  Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2015 1:01 am

thank you  shanouche! yeah, that makes sense! actually, from the intuitive experiences i had i believe i have either drowned in a past life or came real close to it... which still gives me issues to even drive on a bridge across a large body of water! affraid  i look at a lake and find it beautiful but right after that i can "see" and "feel" deep in me how horrible it is to end up at the bottom of it, with the murky water all around and gasping for air, etc... and if i don't control myself i can go in a real panic attack! Crying or Very sad

True, it's for us to live in harmony with the planets... i really wish i could do another chart as i could better understand what's going on and work with it Smile
Back to top Go down
Millie_Me
Black Cat
Black Cat
Millie_Me

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in Astrology?    Do you believe in Astrology?  Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2015 8:26 am

Do I believe in Astrology?
I can't buy the idea that your future (and/or characteristics) can be foretold by a bunch of rocks in the sky.

Back to top Go down
Shanouche
Top Cat
Top Cat
Shanouche

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in Astrology?    Do you believe in Astrology?  Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2015 6:45 pm

hi!
@Sib: well, there you go! You have something amazing to work on... You're pisces, and you have fears about water, coming from a past life. You need to 'reconquer' your element, make peace with it, you'll gain a lot, maybe more insights, more intuition and definitely more energy because when we are afraid like this, the fear remains in our subconscious mind and drains some of our energy. When we overcome the fear, we recuperate the energy.

Have a great day!! su1
Back to top Go down
LadySibella
Admin
Admin
LadySibella

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in Astrology?    Do you believe in Astrology?  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2015 1:33 am

Millie_Me wrote:
Do I believe in Astrology?
I can't buy the idea that your future (and/or characteristics) can be foretold by a bunch of rocks in the sky.

my hubby think just the same as you Smile but you'd be surprised... planets can affect our lives even when we don't realize it. Right now it's still Mercury retrograde and some people get fuzzy minds, orders get mixed up, etc... the moon doesn't affect just the tides, many people are also affected by the full moon with difficulties to sleep, restlessness, etc...

Shanouche wrote:
hi!
@Sib: well, there you go! You have something amazing to work on... You're pisces, and you have fears about water, coming from a past life.  You need to 'reconquer' your element, make peace with it, you'll gain a lot, maybe more insights, more intuition and definitely more energy because when we are afraid like this, the fear remains in our subconscious mind and drains some of our energy. When we overcome the fear, we recuperate the energy.

Have a great day!! su1

Thx Shanouche! would you have any advice on how to "reconquer" my element, because i'm don't really know what to do except what i've been doing which is "trying to control myself when i have to drive over a large body of water, or when i see one on TV"

Enjoy your day ham1
Back to top Go down
Shanouche
Top Cat
Top Cat
Shanouche

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in Astrology?    Do you believe in Astrology?  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2015 1:44 am

Hi!
I totally agree, can't wait for Mercury to be direct again... Mail getting lost, ideas being misunderstood and all Smile

Well, I think it is useful to bear in mind that "all we resists persists". So, trying to 'control yourself' to me is not the right attitude, as you're only creating even more resistance and grounding the fear even deeper.
The way to go, as I do it, is to surrender to your fear. When you are in a situation that causes you fear, don't block it or try to control it, but listen to its message, allow yourself to feel the emotions, that is the only way to release them. You can say to yourself 'I am with you' as if you were reassuring your inner child, who is the one who has the fear... Just take it one step at a time and over time, with each time you'll be doing this and finding a little more peace each time your fear will subside. Also, realise that even if you feel the fear as if it were real, in truth there is nothing to fear 'now' because you are not under the water, in need for air, you are safely on the ground, simply looking at the pond or river or else. So, rationalising the fear is also part of the healing.

To me, that would be the way to work the fear. I've seen it work (of course, with my clients, I do regressions, so the mind is calmer)...

Hope it helps you. Have a great day too!!! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Millie_Me
Black Cat
Black Cat
Millie_Me

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in Astrology?    Do you believe in Astrology?  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2015 12:18 pm

LadySibella wrote:
 ...but you'd be surprised... planets can affect our lives even when we don't realize it. Right now it's still Mercury retrograde...  
Hey! Well ..Here comes the lost marbles pitch!  laughtears  

[Only admins are allowed to see this image]
Back to top Go down
LadySibella
Admin
Admin
LadySibella

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in Astrology?    Do you believe in Astrology?  Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2015 9:27 am

@ Shanouche

thank you  for the tips! i'm gonna work in that direction! Razz Actually, it kinda sounds like the Ho'oponopono method of healing? sometimes, i don't really what to do with the suggestions... like recently i have done an online meditation journey, where the host was saying "welcome... this and that" and i'm like, what do i do, how do i do that??? and then he was saying would you accept to let it go? and i'm like "duh, yeah, that's why i'm doing that spiritual work, cuz i don't want anymore of that crap.." So, i'll say right now i don't really grasp the concept though it looks like a sound way of reaching healing...

Otherwise, do you think that i could achieve healing through past life regression even if i do it on my own??? is there a way to intervene during the regression by myself?

@ Millie

Love
Back to top Go down
Lakshmi
Admin
Admin
Lakshmi

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in Astrology?    Do you believe in Astrology?  Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2015 7:43 am

like Mars had said when he started this topic, i don't go for all that astrology crap you find in magazines and what not. but taking what it's really all about; yes i do. i wouldn't say it defines us, but it is certainly a "guideline" like offering some insights into what kind of person we are.
and it doesn't happen right away. it seems like you "grow" into your sign. i've realized that, it's happened to me.
but yes, the best way is to get the entire thing. i've never had a birth chart done. so while i can look at my sign based on the day i was born and can find that pretty much all of it applies, there is some stuff that is just not me, and i think that's why. like it's been mentioned already, a lot of it is general, so while you can pinpoint more like i did, there will still be imperfections because not everything is accounted for.
it's like your own name, you can find stuff that totally applies which is completely weird. what are the odds? Crystal Ball 1

i've never paid much attention to where the planets are, but i've come to notice that yes they do affect us....like retrograde and all. so i believe that positive affects of the others would come in play just as much.
Back to top Go down
Tomonag

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in Astrology?    Do you believe in Astrology?  Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2015 6:13 pm

I just use it for entertainment purposes and when I'm bored when I have nothing else to do and then look it up on the internet just like I did in books at the local library back then during high school. Now I stopped. Now I'm in between in believing this stuff.
Back to top Go down
Shanouche
Top Cat
Top Cat
Shanouche

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in Astrology?    Do you believe in Astrology?  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 4:39 am

Hi,
Lakhsmi, I fully agree Smile .

I've had my chart done twice and I've learnt so much.
I've also attended a workshop on stars and health and it is crazy how my physical and emotional health have found a resonance there...
But to me it's not like 'the big bad planet is doing this to me', but 'I have come to release this, and the planet's energy help me on my path...'

I also follow my monthly and weekly horoscopes and it helps me a lot. It's just the matter of finding the right person. But at the same time, I believe when we are ready to heal we do find those who can help. While we are not ready, we can try (with the mind) to find someone and then we'll find a person who is not 'great' at what he/she does or who helps but without bringing healing, until the moment we are really ready. That's what I've experienced and how I work with my patients. I know those who come to see me are really ready to heal and not just willing to do something to feel like they're trying to get better when in fact inside they are not ready yet.
It's so amazing Smile

Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
LadySibella
Admin
Admin
LadySibella

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in Astrology?    Do you believe in Astrology?  Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2015 10:11 pm

i have not read any weekly horoscope for ages, as i never found any that was from  a reliable source, just the regular magazine or newspaper lousy generic forecast...

Did you find yours online Shanouche? Do you have it tailored to all your specifics like ascendants and all?
Back to top Go down
Shanouche
Top Cat
Top Cat
Shanouche

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in Astrology?    Do you believe in Astrology?  Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2015 5:05 am

Hehehe,
I listen to it online. I have found 3 great people...
There is Nadiya Shah, my number 1. Very spiritual and helping you move forward.
Nadiyashah.com

Then there is Kelley Rosano, she brings the fire!!! and she is so funny. On youtube.

And there is also Precious Jemstone who does tarot horoscope. So I listen to the montly and then Nadiya also does the weeklies on Sundays Smile
I've tried them all, and they really give me valuable insights, really in tune to what I'm going through. Hope something resonates with you Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
LadySibella
Admin
Admin
LadySibella

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in Astrology?    Do you believe in Astrology?  Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2015 6:17 am

Thanks Shanouche for sharing! i'm gonna look them up! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in Astrology?    Do you believe in Astrology?  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do you believe in Astrology?
Page 1 of 1