Black Cat Friendship Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Black Cat Friendship Forum

Black Cat - A Worldwide Friendship Forum for the whole family. Join, chat, post and make new friends at your Liberty!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Christmas Memories

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
LadySibella
Admin
Admin
LadySibella

Christmas Memories Empty
PostSubject: Christmas Memories   Christmas Memories Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2015 9:43 am

Thanks for sharing any Christmas memories.... "the good, the bad, the ugly" lol!
Back to top Go down
Millie_Me
Black Cat
Black Cat
Millie_Me

Christmas Memories Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Memories   Christmas Memories Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2015 11:05 am

'At random' my cheapskate father gave me pair of used cross country ski's he got for free from his place of work one year!  :Christ8:  
I was only little, and they were 'adult size' 7' long ski's!  :Christ8:
'Somehow' I ran over my thumb with them, and my thumb hurt for 2 years afterward!  :Christ8:
Back to top Go down
LadySibella
Admin
Admin
LadySibella

Christmas Memories Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Memories   Christmas Memories Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2015 5:43 am

that was a Santa blooper :Christ13: :Christ8:  

well, for me an unforgettable memory, when i was a young kid and believed in Santa Clause...  my parents were telling us that it was time to go to our room (they were making Santa come in the evening after dinner so we could play a bit with our toys before going to bed) as Santa was about to come... Never, doubted a word and we were going to our room with my older sister, not opening the door but staying against it to listen! :Christ8:
so my parents were opening the front door as if someone was there and were welcoming :Christ6: Santa, we were not hearing him of course, only them, but never got suspicious about any of it! :Christ13:
Then, they were putting our  :Christ22: (meaning 2 for each of us, one was from where my Dad worked and the other from them) and again they were opening the front door saying :Christ5: to Santa.... closing the door. Then, they were calling us and we were rushing in the living room to the Christmas tree! :Christ21:
Back to top Go down
Ember
Black Cat
Black Cat
Ember

Christmas Memories Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Memories   Christmas Memories Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2015 11:58 pm

One year my brother in law gave us all small boxes and we were wondering what it was only to open them and it was lottery scratchcards..we didn't win
Back to top Go down
Millie_Me
Black Cat
Black Cat
Millie_Me

Christmas Memories Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Memories   Christmas Memories Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2015 2:47 am

@ Bell
Good one, Bell !  :Christ1:

@ Ember ...How big were the boxes!?  :Christ8:
Back to top Go down
Ember
Black Cat
Black Cat
Ember

Christmas Memories Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Memories   Christmas Memories Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2015 6:18 am

they were the size that was just smaller than something you would put a dvd in

last year while puting up the tree..shoving it into the corner and it topples over and knocks nice light up xmas ornaments from the fireplace and had me buried below it
Back to top Go down
Millie_Me
Black Cat
Black Cat
Millie_Me

Christmas Memories Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Memories   Christmas Memories Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2015 4:15 am

Ember wrote:
they were the size that was just smaller than something you would put a dvd in
Oh! I was thinking he put them in BIG boxes!  :Christ8:
Ember wrote:
last year while puting up the tree..shoving it into the corner and it topples over and knocks nice light up xmas ornaments from the fireplace and had me buried below it
Oh! What a catastrophe 'last year', Ember!! :Christ17:

Back to top Go down
LadySibella
Admin
Admin
LadySibella

Christmas Memories Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Memories   Christmas Memories Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2015 10:43 am

:Christ6:  pity you didn't win Ember, last year my accountant told us that her dad bought her 9 lottery tickets but they didn't bring a penny either!

Good memory... i remember going to celebrate Christmas at my uncle's and they always had a real Christmas tree (we had a very small and pathetic plastic one), they always decorated it with colored lights and beautiful garlands and big Christmas balls... each time we were celebrating at their place, i was in awe! :Christ8:  Moreover, his town was decorating a lot nicer than ours... bunch of beautiful lights in the streets representing Christmas.
Well, i never lost my awe about the Christmas lights! :Christ6:
Back to top Go down
Millie_Me
Black Cat
Black Cat
Millie_Me

Christmas Memories Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Memories   Christmas Memories Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2015 6:02 am

LadySibella wrote:
Good memory... i remember going to celebrate Christmas at my uncle's and they always had a real Christmas tree (we had a very small and pathetic plastic one), they always decorated it with colored lights and beautiful garlands and big Christmas balls... each time we were celebrating at their place, i was in awe! :Christ8:  Moreover, his town was decorating a lot nicer than ours... bunch of beautiful lights in the streets representing Christmas.
Well, i never lost my awe about the Christmas lights! :Christ6:
Yup! Same Here, Bell !  :Christ1:
...my Auntie and Uncle's place, on Boxing Day!  :Christ1:
That's where I first discovered a long needle Christmas Tree!  :Christ1:
...they're sooo soft!  :Christ1:
She made the most delicious scrambled eggs I have ever eaten!  :Christ1:
(My Mum made the most delicious spinach I have ever eaten! :Christ1:
I've tried to duplicate her spinach recipe, but I just can't. )
Back to top Go down
Ember
Black Cat
Black Cat
Ember

Christmas Memories Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Memories   Christmas Memories Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2015 12:06 am

I was just talking in the other thread of the little gold santa that hangs on the tree.
He's older than me and we place him at the front of the tree for the kids to see every year and I would tell them he was watching them so they had to be good.
Kids are all grown up and none of them live at home but they still like to see the santa there.

we always have some sort of chocolate shapes to hang from the tree. Little choc santas or coins
Years ago when we went to a friends house Carrie was looking at a gold bauble on the tree and he said it was a chocolate one, it was a real one and she bit into it while our friend made a big leap across the room to get to her at the same time. There were bits of it everywhere and he's in a panic trying to get the bits out her mouth. I should point out that both me and hubby were there trying to get the bits out her mouth too but it was just the reaction of our friend, I never seen him move so quick.
She was only about 2 years old at the time.
Back to top Go down
LadySibella
Admin
Admin
LadySibella

Christmas Memories Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Memories   Christmas Memories Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2015 9:40 am

Millie wrote:
Yup! Same Here, Bell !  Christmas Memories 415958714 
Razz 

Ember wrote:
our friend made a big leap across the room to get to her at the same time.

wow, yeah good thing everyone reacted fast!

Here' s another Christmas memory... while I grew up they were always playing "Little Women" on tv... and i was so looking forward to that! Thing is back then there was no way to re-watch something unless it was going on tv... the VCR had not been invented just yet!  :Christ1:

Till today, Little Women remains a Christmas icon to me and I enjoy watching it over and over.... :Christ6:
Back to top Go down
Ember
Black Cat
Black Cat
Ember

Christmas Memories Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Memories   Christmas Memories Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2015 10:38 pm

I was complaining of the same films getting shown on our tv over here..Die Hard and Batman are on the Christmas movie channel

My hubby Paul was taking our daughter Carrie and her friend Elisha (who lives next door) to see santa (years ago)..the pretend Santa was somebody hubby knew. As they walked in he said "Hi Paul" and hubby went "hi (pause) Santa" and the girls asking how he knew his name with hubby saying that Santa knows everyone
Back to top Go down
Millie_Me
Black Cat
Black Cat
Millie_Me

Christmas Memories Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Memories   Christmas Memories Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2015 4:03 am

Ember wrote:
I was just talking in the other thread of the little gold santa that hangs on the tree.
He's older than me and we place him at the front of the tree for the kids to see every year and I would tell them he was watching them so they had to be good.
Kids are all grown up and none of them live at home but they still like to see the santa there.
Well, at least they would have been good in the Christmas tree room!  :Christ8:

Ember wrote:
My hubby Paul was taking our daughter Carrie and her friend Elisha (who lives next door) to see santa (years ago)..the pretend Santa was somebody hubby knew. As they walked in he said "Hi Paul" and hubby went "hi (pause) Santa" and the girls asking how he knew his name with hubby saying that Santa knows everyone
:Christ8:
Back to top Go down
LadySibella
Admin
Admin
LadySibella

Christmas Memories Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Memories   Christmas Memories Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2015 10:11 am

Ember wrote:
I was complaining of the same films getting shown on our tv over here..Die Hard and Batman are on the Christmas movie channel

i would have also, :Christ2: from a "Christmas movie channel" you would expect Christmas movies... :Christ23:

Ember wrote:

:Christ8: one of those moments when your brain must catch on real quick!
Back to top Go down
Millie_Me
Black Cat
Black Cat
Millie_Me

Christmas Memories Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Memories   Christmas Memories Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2015 2:54 pm

Christmas Memories Christmas-bells-smiley-emoticon I remember taking my oil lantern one evening to guide my way through the snow paths to give Christmas presents to my homestead family friends with 3 children on Christmas Eve.
We'd sit around listening to Christmas music, while passing the evening chatting.
The conversation turned to their 3 goats they had for milk.
That is when I was told of the legend.
'On Christmas Eve' if you were very quiet, at 12 midnight, you could slip down to the barn and hear the animals talking.
I'll never forget that story. It made for such an enchanting night.Christmas Memories Christmas-bells-smiley-emoticon

Back to top Go down
LadySibella
Admin
Admin
LadySibella

Christmas Memories Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Memories   Christmas Memories Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2015 8:04 am

dream what a beautiful memory!!! yeah, it must have been enchanting!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Christmas Memories Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Memories   Christmas Memories Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Christmas Memories
Page 1 of 1